What sixth forms offer these a levels

Watch
Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys I was wondering what sixth forms around Surrey/ near croydon have the a levels of English, politics and sociology I have found 2 so far and want to have more so my options are open I have searched up quite a few places but some either won’t offer combined English, politics or sociology.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even if they do check that it's a possible combination to choose - if (e.g.) they only only have one group each of Politics and Sociology and they timetable them at the same time then you couldn't pick both.
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Oh thank you I had not thought of that but some of the sixth forms doesn’t show that when I searched them up.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
Oh thank you I had not thought of that but some of the sixth forms doesn’t show that when I searched them up.
I'd ask them before you make a final choice.
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Yes I will keep that in mind but I just can’t find many nearby or a little away that offer these other than 2 sixth forms and I’ve searched up quite a lot and some don’t offer 1-2 of them together
🧡Hajera
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I also live in Croydon and I’ve applied to these ones u can check them out if u like:
Coulsdon sixth form college
Saint Francis Xavier sixth form college
Shirley High
Dunraven School
The Norwood School
Norbury Manor (girl school)
I go to oasis academy Shirley park it has a good sixth form but they don’t offer what I wanna do so can’t continue there
🧡Hajera
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have u also check all the Harris schools like south Norwood, beckenham, invictus, east dulwich and more
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have checked a few like Harris purely and I think Norwood. I checked others like Langley, Archbishop tenisons, oasis, Hayes, bromley, Coloma and a few more.
🧡Hajera
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have checked a few like Harris purely and I think Norwood. I checked others like Langley, Archbishop tenisons, oasis, Hayes, bromley, Coloma and a few more.
None of them offer that combination? Look at the ones I mentioned that I applied for maybe u will be lucky 🤷🏿*♀️
Hailey629
Rep:
?
No they don’t most offer either seperate English or no politics i guess some can’t offer that combination so I will have a look at your ones thank you
Hailey629
Rep:
?
I’ve looked at the ones you mentioned and a few Harris schools like the beckenham, Crystal Palace and ivectus offer the combination I want but I haven’t checked all yet. If anyone knows is English literature or language on its own better for a level law?
🧡Hajera
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I’ve looked at the ones you mentioned and a few Harris schools like the beckenham, Crystal Palace and ivectus offer the combination I want but I haven’t checked all yet. If anyone knows is English literature or language on its own better for a level law?
Do u wanna do law at uni?
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by 🧡Hajera)
Do u wanna do law at uni?
Yes I do as I want to become a barrister.
🧡Hajera
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yes I do as I want to become a barrister.
Idk much but from what I’ve hear maybe do history, politics and law/English lit/sociology/phychology.

Also look at the entry requirements at specific degrees u wanna do
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Yeah everywhere I have checked does not want no entry requirements for law I have checked quite a few like Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Cambridge, London school of economics and many more and since I didn’t do history in gcse as I found it quite boring I didn’t know if I would find it hard in sixth form to catch up etc
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
Yeah everywhere I have checked does not want no entry requirements for law I have checked quite a few like Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Cambridge, London school of economics and many more and since I didn’t do history in gcse as I found it quite boring I didn’t know if I would find it hard in sixth form to catch up etc
I haven't checked any History syllabuses recently, but certainly when I was in school (admittedly quite a while ago) you studied different events and time periods in History at GCSE compared to A-Level. If that's still right you wouldn't need to "catch up". But irrespective you should do subjects that you find interesting and/or that you will get good marks in. The subjects that you do at A-Level on the way to studying law and becoming a barrister (or solicitor) largely don't matter, but your grades certainly do matter. Doing one or two essay subjects is a good idea because they will help you develop skills that will be useful to you when studying law, but the main consideration is getting good grades.
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
(Original post by Crazy Jamie)
I haven't checked any History syllabuses recently, but certainly when I was in school (admittedly quite a while ago) you studied different events and time periods in History at GCSE compared to A-Level. If that's still right you wouldn't need to "catch up". But irrespective you should do subjects that you find interesting and/or that you will get good marks in. The subjects that you do at A-Level on the way to studying law and becoming a barrister (or solicitor) largely don't matter, but your grades certainly do matter. Doing one or two essay subjects is a good idea because they will help you develop skills that will be useful to you when studying law, but the main consideration is getting good grades.
Okay thank you I will take that in mind I haven’t studies before sociology or politics and when I read upon what they were based on and watched clips on them from a few sixth form pages I found them very interesting and intriguing so I think I will enjoy them overall and with English currently I’m really enjoying it I used to really dislike it and find it boring but towards the end of last year in year 9 -2019 I started to really enjoy it as I was contributing more and working harder.
🧡Hajera
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
I guess Politics history and englit or psychology if u rlly don’t like history maybe take it as an AS 🤷🏿*♀️ or take the other three subs and do an epq based on history but a moment that u find interesting so I will actually want to do it
Hailey629
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 37 minutes ago
Okay thank you I will definitely consider that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
14.04%
Virtual campus tours/open days (40)
22.47%
Live streaming events (16)
8.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
10.11%
A uni comparison tool (41)
23.03%
An in-person event when available (38)
21.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise