1hhh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Students should only be assessed in english and maths since this forms the base of their education.Furthermore, as we need this years grading to be as consistent as possible, english assessments should take place as this subject is the most prone to bias. For example a student in a grammar school may only be graded a 7 since they are being compared to other able and intelligent students. The same student who got a grade 7 in the grammar school , may indeed get a grade 9 in a comprehensive school as they are being compared in their essays to less able peers in their school.This is unlike any other subjects which are awarded a mark for each phrase/word and there is less subjective marking.These english assessments should be marked externally.opinions?
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1hhh)
Students should only be assessed in english and maths since this forms the base of their education.Furthermore, as we need this years grading to be as consistent as possible, english assessments should take place as this subject is the most prone to bias. For example a student in a grammar school may only be graded a 7 since they are being compared to other able and intelligent students. The same student who got a grade 7 in the grammar school , may indeed get a grade 9 in a comprehensive school as they are being compared in their essays to less able peers in their school.This is unlike any other subjects which are awarded a mark for each phrase/word and there is less subjective marking.These english assessments should be marked externally.opinions?
I mean I'm in Year 13 so not necessarily got too much of a stake here, but I'm not sure about the grammar school thing there. Teachers still know what grade 7 and grade 9 students look like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads