cydwaters
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering if it was possible to get into KCL with a btec in health and social care. I’m just curious as I’m in year 12 atm.
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you looking to do at KCL?
cydwaters
Rep:
?
(Original post by dylgeo)
What are you looking to do at KCL?
Adult nursing, which I know is a really competitive course. I’m just looking at different unis at the moment.
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cydwaters)
Adult nursing, which I know is a really competitive course. I’m just looking at different unis at the moment.
Assume this is what you're looking at

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...dult-nurse-bsc

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM in either Health & Social Care or Applied Science OR DDM in any other subject, and one A level at grade B in a Science subject.

OR

BTEC/CTEC Level 3 Diploma with DM in either Health & Social Care or Applied Sciences, and one A level at grade B OR DM in any other subject, and one A level at grade B in a Science subject .

OR

BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Extended Certificate or CTEC Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Certificate with grade M in either Health & Social Care or Applied Sciences, and two A levels at grades BB OR grade M in any other subject, and two A levels at grades B with at least one in a Science subject.

NOTE: Topics studied in the BTEC should cover topics not already studied within the A level. For example, if taking A level Chemistry the BTEC should cover topics other than chemistry.
cydwaters
Rep:
?
(Original post by dylgeo)
Assume this is what you're looking at

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...dult-nurse-bsc

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM in either Health & Social Care or Applied Science OR DDM in any other subject, and one A level at grade B in a Science subject.

OR

BTEC/CTEC Level 3 Diploma with DM in either Health & Social Care or Applied Sciences, and one A level at grade B OR DM in any other subject, and one A level at grade B in a Science subject .

OR

BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Extended Certificate or CTEC Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Certificate with grade M in either Health & Social Care or Applied Sciences, and two A levels at grades BB OR grade M in any other subject, and two A levels at grades B with at least one in a Science subject.

NOTE: Topics studied in the BTEC should cover topics not already studied within the A level. For example, if taking A level Chemistry the BTEC should cover topics other than chemistry.
I don’t really know if I should apply to KCL or it would just be a waste of a slot in my ucas application. I kinda of want to stay in London area so I’m looking at other unis as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads