The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My study was on pollution causes and history in the river almond, quite interesting doing the research and seeing how bad it was.. and still is :P

On the malaria front, the guy who helped me with my study fieldwork (we somehow managed to pick a study very similar having never discussed it..) is doing malaria controls and he keeps on saying he can find nothing.
Just realised that the deadline for the folio is 4 weeks tomorrow!
What is the stage of everyone's work just now? My issue is still non existent, have to start from sratch :frown:
Reply 82
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Done a rough draft of issues but I'm a bit stuck and receiving no help from my teacher.

Study bout half way but got more field work to do that i can't get done til the end of next week.

4 weeks again AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Geog_Magz
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Done a rough draft of issues but I'm a bit stuck and receiving no help from my teacher.

Study bout half way but got more field work to do that i can't get done til the end of next week.

4 weeks again AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm really stuggling with my Issues, still haven't started - well i did and got told i had to change it as it was an example issue by the sqa, so now I'm back to square one! :confused: Back to school tomorrow and I'm in trouble if i don't get three sources by tonight :mad: Before it was on the three gorges dam but the teachers want it on malaria but i think i will do the aswan dam instead :P

What's ur issue and study on?

Atleast the study is done!
Reply 84
rosie9391
I'm really stuggling with my Issues, still haven't started - well i did and got told i had to change it as it was an example issue by the sqa, so now I'm back to square one! :confused: Back to school tomorrow and I'm in trouble if i don't get three sources by tonight :mad: Before it was on the three gorges dam but the teachers want it on malaria but i think i will do the aswan dam instead :P

What's ur issue and study on?

Atleast the study is done!

My mates doing the 3 gorges dam.

Im doing Edinburgh trams wooo and my study is raised beaches. Really need to get my finger out. I'm nto back til a week tomorrow so its not too urgent.
You lot haven't finished yet? Our deadline was last day of term (3rd April), and by some miracle, i made it. Some others didn't, which has created a bit of a double standard, but whatevs, only exam practice and a GMT NAB left to do.
Reply 86
TheJeebs
You lot haven't finished yet? Our deadline was last day of term (3rd April), and by some miracle, i made it. Some others didn't, which has created a bit of a double standard, but whatevs, only exam practice and a GMT NAB left to do.

Same here, both study and issues are done.. the rest of the class are doing them during this holiday.
Reply 87
Mine are both kind of almost finished; drafts in, but changes, illustrations and bibliographies to go:rolleyes:
Some of my class had barely started before the holiday though, and the teacher that's pretty much been getting us through the study has just gone on maternity leave, which is slightly concerning:p:
Everyone seems to be panicking though; we've still got a month and they always get finished in time:smile:
I keep forgetting our deadline is a department deadline, and not an SQA deadline. Reasoning behind it is that if the AH class performed the same in the exam as the folios, we'd all get As and Bs.

Unfortunately, our AH class tends to be a bit **** at the exam, so usually gets Bs and Cs.
Reply 89
TheJeebs
I keep forgetting our deadline is a department deadline, and not an SQA deadline. Reasoning behind it is that if the AH class performed the same in the exam as the folios, we'd all get As and Bs.

Unfortunately, our AH class tends to be a bit **** at the exam, so usually gets Bs and Cs.

I don't think the exam's too bad imo; no memorising like for higher, as long as you don't do what I did in the prelim and answer both stats questions:o:
No, it's not bad at all, just that in the past all concentration goes into the folio, then after Easter, everyone kinda switches off.
akj08
I don't think the exam's too bad imo; no memorising like for higher, as long as you don't do what I did in the prelim and answer both stats questions:o:

The exam isn't too bad. And it's only 30% of your mark IIRC? I was quite scared going into the exam because i don't think i fully knew what to expect, even after doing past papers. But it was fine. It's quite good you have a choice of questions like higher.
Reply 92
HELP!!!! Sudden panic!

Aim and research questions??

Is it one aim and lots of research questions or lots of both....

Can someone give me an example?? This is so stressful!
So was everyone pleased to see the folios go?

One less thing to worry about :smile:
Folios went ages ago?
TheJeebs
Folios went ages ago?

No they were only sent off on the 13th!
Reply 96
rosie9391
So was everyone pleased to see the folios go?

One less thing to worry about :smile:

Yeah, it was nice for the folios and investigations to go, having been sitting in my classroom waiting to be picked up the past few weeks, the temptation to over analyse what I had wrote was starting to build.

You pleased with yours?
rosie9391
No they were only sent off on the 13th!

Oh, so our teachers actually did lie to us about submission dates.
sjames06
Yeah, it was nice for the folios and investigations to go, having been sitting in my classroom waiting to be picked up the past few weeks, the temptation to over analyse what I had wrote was starting to build.

You pleased with yours?

Yeah, i know what you mean - i kept on finding little things to change :p:

I'm very pleased with my study but my issues...well lets not go there!
Still hoping to get an A plus I enjoy the written exam work.
TheJeebs
Oh, so our teachers actually did lie to us about submission dates.

Wasn't yours handed in before the easter holidays?
Atleast you didn't have a hectic last minute panic and you would have time to work more on the exam :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending