Do universities give any leeway in context to what you study?

Watch
euanth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
From my most recent mocks I got ABD, I'm worried that I won't reach my offers (ABB) for my desired university. Do Uni's tend to have more of a leeway in context of what you study, i.e. further maths?
in.cendium
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say it depends on the university and the course - especially how competitive that course is. What are you applying for?
euanth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by in.cendium)
I would say it depends on the university and the course - especially how competitive that course is. What are you applying for?
I'm applying for Computer Science (With a year in industry). I'm planning on studying at Loughborough Uni, or potentially Newcastle Uni if I get a better offer.
in.cendium
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by euanth)
I'm applying for Computer Science (With a year in industry). I'm planning on studying at Loughborough Uni, or potentially Newcastle Uni if I get a better offer.
Computer science is competitive but not as much as Medicine. I would say that there is some lee way with grades every year - with clearing you could certainly find a spot for Computer Science if the worst happens. IDK if you're eligible but you might want to consider looking at the PARTNERs programme for Newcastle as that can help lower entry requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.22%
No (617)
50.78%

Watched Threads