Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yeah...
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Create a new account and use that account, with your real face and tell them................... but why would you even catfish them in the first place????????????????
Cloudiii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’re just going to have to tell them and hope for the best. You can’t keep it up forever.
mhm...
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lol u kinda deserve that can't lie 😂💀. just come clean with your real face and hope they forgive u and u can move forward from there...
ifreakingloveme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, that's a big issue. I don't think he's gonna want to listen to your reason (that's if you even have one) for catfishing him. An advice, though: just tell him the truth and get it over with *shrugs*
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Create a new account and use that account, with your real face and tell them................... but why would you even catfish them in the first place????????????????
Well I showed him what I looked like from the start, not anyone else's photos, but he doesn't know my real name or birthday so I can't make a new account. I made it in the first place to make friends and tell people secrets I wouldn't tell my real life friends out of fear of being judged or them being spread. And it worked, I made a few good friends that I still talk to, then I met him and we talked every day, I can't tell him my real details and it's been 5 months. Not sure what the point of this thread was, just to rant I guess - because it's not like I can tell either my 'fake identity friends' or my real life friends about it.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have two options 1) come clean with them or 2) ghost them and don't say anything but I feel like no matter how hard it may be for you, you should go with number one, they at least deserve to know the truth.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ifreakingloveme)
Yeah, that's a big issue. I don't think he's gonna want to listen to your reason (that's if you even have one) for catfishing him. An advice, though: just tell him the truth and get it over with *shrugs*
Yeah, sorry.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mhm...)
lol u kinda deserve that can't lie 😂💀. just come clean with your real face and hope they forgive u and u can move forward from there...
lol
azrashay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Haha. I've been cat fished before and the outcome with them coming cleaning didn't result in anything other than being blocked. You're shattering everything they thought of you, it isn't just your physical appearance, but the trust they've put into you which comes with the time they've invested.

Tbh I can't advise you at all, but maybe delete the fake account and try and start over with your actual face, would have worked better for my cat fishers 😂 Coming clean would give him closure and make you feel better about it, but be prepared for this massive change in or her attitude toward you.
Last edited by azrashay; 4 weeks ago
CatGentleman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did you catfish them? did you use like misleading pics of yourself or pics of a totally different person?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SpockAndRand)
How did you catfish them? did you use like misleading pics of yourself or pics of a totally different person?
No, all the photos and vids I showed him were of me. I used a different name and birthday.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by azrashay)
Haha. I've been cat fished before and the outcome with them coming cleaning didn't result in anything other than being blocked. You're shattering everything they thought of you, it isn't just your physical appearance, but the trust they've put into you which comes with the time they've invested.

Tbh I can't advise you at all, but maybe delete the fake account and try and start over with your actual face. 😂
I used my actual face.
CatGentleman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, all the photos and vids I showed him were of me. I used a different name and birthday.
Why though lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
You have two options 1) come clean with them or 2) ghost them and don't say anything but I feel like no matter how hard it may be for you, you should go with number one, they at least deserve to know the truth.
Yeah, that's probably the best option. Thanks.
azrashay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh that's nothing. Just say you were hesitant about being truthful about it since it was all online and you were worried about it what information you shared. It's pretty sensible in some sense.
ifreakingloveme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Then it really isn't catfishing. You just lied to him. If you have a legitimate reason for lying about your name and birthday, let him know. I thought you went all out by lying about your entire identity. (sorry for the overuse of 'lying' btw)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SpockAndRand)
Why though lol
Could you read my other reply to wannabevetnurse
CatGentleman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you read my other reply to wannabevetnurse
Oh ok I thought you hadn't met irl lol. Just come clean about it, it's gonna be awkward and painful but hopefully he'll understand. It doesn't sound like your intentions were bad, I personally wouldn't mind much (although ... yeah, I wouldn't be ecstatic about it).
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think it's catfishing. I doubt he cares about what your name is. You could just tell him your real name or you could not, it doesn't matter. Lots of people change their name or ask to be referred to as something else.
As for the birthday, it's not that deep UNLESS he is much older and could be in trouble for talking to you. Then it's bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (244)
51.48%
No (230)
48.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed