Ucas application

Watch this thread
Ellienixon1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’m applying to ucas independently, before I send my application to the teacher, do I have to finish everything else? Or does it not matter if my application is incomplete before I send it to my reference?
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellienixon1)
Hi I’m applying to ucas independently, before I send my application to the teacher, do I have to finish everything else? Or does it not matter if my application is incomplete before I send it to my reference?
what do you mean by incomplete??
Ellienixon1
Rep:
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
what do you mean by incomplete??
Some of my details aren’t finished, like university choices, I’d like to go over my personal statement etc
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Some of my details aren’t finished, like university choices, I’d like to go over my personal statement etc
well you have to finish it all completely.....everything has to be 100% certain
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As an individual when you add your referee details and save it only locks down the reference section. You can continue to edit the other sections.
ItsJcesar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You HAVE to finish everything before you send it off you your teacher. You won’t be able to change anything, unless the teacher sends it back because there is a mistake on the form. If you go onto the ucas website it states you must complete everything before sending it off, otherwise your application can cause confusion and some universities can deny your entry
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ItsJcesar)
You HAVE to finish everything before you send it off you your teacher. You won’t be able to change anything, unless the teacher sends it back because there is a mistake on the form. If you go onto the ucas website it states you must complete everything before sending it off, otherwise your application can cause confusion and some universities can deny your entry
Applying as an individual is not the same as applying through a centre using a buzzword.
ItsJcesar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Applying as an individual is not the same as applying through a centre using a buzzword.
Regardless if they are applying via centre or independently, it’s good practice to finish off the application prior to sending it off to reference / centre. Additionally, it’s important that the application is completed as the deadline is the 29th of January, leaving the applicant little time to make adjustments.
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Regardless if they are applying via centre or independently, it’s good practice to finish off the application prior to sending it off to reference / centre. Additionally, it’s important that the application is completed as the deadline is the 29th of January, leaving the applicant little time to make adjustments.
As an individual the application is not sent to the referee. All that gets sent is a login for the referee to add the reference.
The process is different and applicants can make changes while waiting for their referee to provide the reference.

The only thing that cannot be changed after sending to a referee is the education section (to ensure all pending quals are provided for the referee to give predictions)
Last edited by PQ; 1 year ago
Ellienixon1
Rep:
This was helpful, thanks!
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This was helpful, thanks!
It's helpful but wrong.
You only need to finish your education section before asking for a reference as an individual. Your referee will not see your application and cannot "send it back" if you're applying as an individual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (6)
12%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (14)
28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed