sappho_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
after getting rejected, my mum has been pushing me to email for feedback from my interviews - is it worth it, or will it just make me overthink and more annoyed/disappointed that i didn't get in? also is the feedback even useful?
Last edited by sappho_; 1 month ago
emma963
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend getting feedback
It could help you to identify your weaknesses eg interview, this will allow you to address the issue before you apply for jobs ect
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, I've never seen anyone say their feedback was super useful. Its always very generic, and mostly concerned with no offending you.

It is very normal to request it though and you lose nothing. I wouldn't be too worried about being 'annoyed' - you'll be well on the way to getting over it by then.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sappho_)
after getting rejected, my mum has been pushing me to email for feedback from my interviews - is it worth it, or will it just make me overthink and more annoyed/disappointed that i didn't get in? also is the feedback even useful?
Odds are any feedback will only say something very generic along the lines of “you were great, but others were even better”, its really unlikely it will give more detail than that, e.g. there was a typo on line 27 of the personal statement that interviewer 3 spotted.
aliviapearl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it depends on the person, College, course etc. - I had a friend request feedback who said it was very useful, as they could give specific reasons (e.g. needed more consideration of the speaker in the unseen extract) and could even quote good things she had said! I'd say go for it, nothing to lose. Good luck for your other choices/reapplication
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%