Trinity College Dublin applicants 2020/2021?

Watch
pinkduvet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by King_George_Weah)
Anyone applying to TCD this year?

I'm applying for Medicine via the Mature Entry/Graduate route. Any other medics or mature students out there?
Hi! I've applied to TCD, UCD, NUIG and UCC medicine this year. I have just done my interview with TCD today.

How's your application going?
medschoolfanatic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pinkduvet)
Hi! I've applied to TCD, UCD, NUIG and UCC medicine this year. I have just done my interview with TCD today.

Hi! Hope you did well! If you don't mind me asking, are u home or international? Have you applied thru IUMC?
pinkduvet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by medschoolfanatic)
Hi! Hope you did well! If you don't mind me asking, are u home or international? Have you applied thru IUMC?
Thank you so much! I am an international student. Yes, I've applied through IUMC as well. What about you? If I recall correctly, were you around the 2021 Fastest & Slowest Senders thread? Don't know why but the name medschoolfanatic seems to stick in my head XD
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hey! Do you mind If I ask where you're from? I guess TCD was your first option so you can get in. This is my 2nd year applying and I've put it first in the beginning and didnt get in it. I tried TCD as first again this time hope I get in. What are ur stats?are u taking the IB ?
medschoolfanatic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much! I am an international student. Yes, I've applied through IUMC as well. What about you? If I recall correctly, were you around the 2021 Fastest & Slowest Senders thread? Don't know why but the name medschoolfanatic seems to stick in my head XD
Yeah that's correct its me! aahahah! did u apply to any unis in the UK? I have an IUMC interview and im up practicing rn. are the questions easy? im a bit worried.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hey! Do you mind If I ask where you're from? I guess TCD was your first option so you can get in. This is my 2nd year applying and I've put it first in the beginning and didnt get in it. I tried TCD as first again this time hope I get in. What are ur stats?are u taking the IB ?
pinkduvet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by medschoolfanatic)
Yeah that's correct its me! aahahah! did u apply to any unis in the UK? I have an IUMC interview and im up practicing rn. are the questions easy? im a bit worried.
I see. Congrats on your interview invite! I don’t think you have to be very worried for the interview. It was pretty laidback. ) don’t worry about it, you’d do fine! I’m a bit of a hypocrite when I say this because I’m a huge worrier as well, haha! But yes, don’t worry about it too much.
pinkduvet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! I hope you’d do well this time round! I’m non-EU. I’m taking 4 A2s, predicted A*A*A*A.
Last edited by pinkduvet; 1 week ago
King_George_Weah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago

Hi. Not heard back yet but still to send in my certificates etc. I actually decided to switch from Medicine to Dentistry at the last moment as I decided I wouldn't have had enough time to prepare for the HPAT and to register at that stage would have been a very expensive way of "just giving it a try". With Dentistry there's no admissions test required. Indeed I am actually genuinely on the fence about both careers having done extensive work experience in both. I couldn't withdraw my application and get a refund at this stage so I simply decided to switch to Dentistry and lets see how it goes.

How was the TCD interview? What sort of things did they ask you? You're an international student right? Where are you from? Where else have you applied outside of Ireland? Good luck with your applications
pinkduvet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi. Not heard back yet but still to send in my certificates etc. I actually decided to switch from Medicine to Dentistry at the last moment as I decided I wouldn't have had enough time to prepare for the HPAT and to register at that stage would have been a very expensive way of "just giving it a try". With Dentistry there's no admissions test required. Indeed I am actually genuinely on the fence about both careers having done extensive work experience in both. I couldn't withdraw my application and get a refund at this stage so I simply decided to switch to Dentistry and lets see how it goes.

How was the TCD interview? What sort of things did they ask you? You're an international student right? Where are you from? Where else have you applied outside of Ireland? Good luck with your applications
I see. I wish you the very best in your applications! May I ask when you sent off your application?

I’m not sure about how I did on the interview. I felt pretty good right after it ended but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I could’ve done better. I decided to just not think about/judge it at all in the end XD. The interview was pretty laidback and casual. They didn’t pressurise me or anything of sort like what I’ve heard from my friends who applied to Oxbridge. The interviewers were really friendly as well.

I’m non-EU. I’ve applied to the UK as well, but I’m in love with TCD and I really hope that I’d be able to get an offer from them. What about you, where are you from? Seeing as you’re a mature applicant, could I ask how your uni life was like?
bcjess123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi! I am putting in a late application for TCD and was just wondering if anyone could clarify a) the UK's fee status this year and b) which application platform I should choose to apply through? I'm assuming I count as International now but I saw contradictory things about the fee status so I am feeling super confused! Thanks
stemppp
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by bcjess123)
Hi! I am putting in a late application for TCD and was just wondering if anyone could clarify a) the UK's fee status this year and b) which application platform I should choose to apply through? I'm assuming I count as International now but I saw contradictory things about the fee status so I am feeling super confused! Thanks
heyy I'm applying for Ireland Med too (just did the HPAT a few hours ago :O) and basically from what I remember reading UK students are treated like EU... I would email the CAO office just to make sure because I could be totally wrong (and I'm really sorry if I am) but I do remember reading that since I am also from the UK (but I dont really have to worry since I also have another EU passport) - again the CAO people are super nice and will clear it up.
CAO website: cao.ie
supporting website:
http://www.universitytimes.ie/2020/0...ment-confirms/
hopefully someone else can also confirm or the CAO office answers best of luck
bcjess123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by stemppp)
heyy I'm applying for Ireland Med too (just did the HPAT a few hours ago :O) and basically from what I remember reading UK students are treated like EU... I would email the CAO office just to make sure because I could be totally wrong (and I'm really sorry if I am) but I do remember reading that since I am also from the UK (but I dont really have to worry since I also have another EU passport) - again the CAO people are super nice and will clear it up.
supporting website:
Thank you so much and I will do! Good luck with your med application too!!
kalesalad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by stemppp)
supporting website:
Good luck your application! May I ask, how did you find the HPAT?
King_George_Weah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
You’d still be counted as a home student/EU student for this year but remains to be seen what happens next. I would assume/hope this will remain the same given the agreements of the Common Travel Area and how Irish citizens have equal rights to U.K. citizens in the U.K. and vice versa. But can’t say for certain.
mb122345
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey guys, I saw some of you have applied through IUMC, so did I!
You can join this thread and continue the discussion here if you'd like
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6918558
magicmark1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You apply through www.cao.ie. As you’ve missed the normal entry date you can pay the late application fee of €60 and submit your application by 1st May. Choose up to 10 courses and put them in your order of preference. This is important as, if you achieve the points for your top ranked course you’ll get it. Anything below will no longer be an option. You can change your ordering up until 1st July, after which everything is locked.
bcjess123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You’d still be counted as a home student/EU student for this year but remains to be seen what happens next. I would assume/hope this will remain the same given the agreements of the Common Travel Area and how Irish citizens have equal rights to U.K. citizens in the U.K. and vice versa. But can’t say for certain.
Thank you so, so much for the help. That's really cleared it up.

(Original post by magicmark1)
You apply through www.cao.ie. As you’ve missed the normal entry date you can pay the late application fee of €60 and submit your application by 1st May. Choose up to 10 courses and put them in your order of preference. This is important as, if you achieve the points for your top ranked course you’ll get it. Anything below will no longer be an option. You can change your ordering up until 1st July, after which everything is locked.
Okay perfect, that makes much more sense! Thank you so much for your help
magicmark1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank you so, so much for the help. That's really cleared it up.

Okay perfect, that makes much more sense! Thank you so much for your help
Also keep an eye out for their accommodation applications at TCD, on the accommodation section of their website. They open around late April/early May. You should apply for rooms at Trinity Hall where most first years are accommodated. You’ll get a provisional offer of a room in early summer which will be dependent on you getting a first round offer for your courses.
stemppp
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by kalesalad)
Good luck your application! May I ask, how did you find the HPAT?
Hey, HPAT was quite... interesting. I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss answers so I won't risk it, but yeah overall I'm really not sure some parts were like wtf others were alright. When I had 5 minutes left of Section 1 (and was really stressed for time) my proctors switched so they had to re-enable my camera or something and that burned a minute or two from my time so that was lovely (totally not their fault tho). Same thing happened for Section 2 :/

Did you also take the HPAT? If so how was it? And good luck with your application as well!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (391)
52.48%
No (354)
47.52%

Watched Threads