History 12 marker helpWatch
‘Explain why the role of women changed in Nazi Germany’ you may include the following in your answer:
I don’t get what to write about ‘women’s groups’ and don’t know what other factor to include.
Here are some examples
Weimar Germany women:
- german women had rights and freedom that they wouldn't have in other countries, for example: they could vote, worked for the government and their pay was equal to men.
- attended universities and became doctors and lawyers
- the birth rate fell as women worked more
Nazi Germany women:
- nazis worried about declining number of births. Low birth rate and population didn't fit with the plan of the nazis as they tried to expand germany
- it was woman's patriotic duty to stay home, have a lot of kids and support husbands
- discouraged from wearing makeup
- many woman workers were sacked
- contraception and abortion banned
- some women would be unfit to bare children therefore they were sterilised