?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering x
username3928322
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it’s hard to say with so many variables but from experience it took me about 6-7 weeks to have quite a decent impact I was losing weight at 1-2lbs a week for reference. Once it got to 10+ weeks that’s when I couldn’t walk into a room without hearing the words “have you lost weight?” But it varies from person to person.
sskeeeeeenggggg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnotherRandom)
it’s hard to say with so many variables but from experience it took me about 6-7 weeks to have quite a decent impact I was losing weight at 1-2lbs a week for reference. Once it got to 10+ weeks that’s when I couldn’t walk into a room without hearing the words “have you lost weight?” But it varies from person to person.
Hey do you have any tips xx and motivation x
username3928322
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1) walk more get 7000-10000 steps a day

2) aim for a 300-500 calorie deficit for slow sustainable weight loss

3) Drink more water throughout the day

4) expend more calories in the day it’s smalls thing which add up. For example rather than taking the lift or elevator go up the stairs, or when shopping park a bit further back just simple smaller changes add up over time

5) eat more protein

6) eat low calorie but filling meals the more food you get for the less calories the better, you can find loads of recipes to try that are low calorie and filling experiment with these and find out what you like

7) if you slip up just get back on track. We’re all human if you gave into a craving one day just continue your typical day of eating rather than starve yourself to “oFfSeT cAlOrIeS” just must on and forget about it one snack or “bad” meal isn’t going to cancel out all your progress you’ve made
sskeeeeeenggggg
Rep:
?
1) walk more get 7000-10000 steps a day

2) aim for a 300-500 calorie deficit for slow sustainable weight loss

3) Drink more water throughout the day

4) expend more calories in the day it’s smalls thing which add up. For example rather than taking the lift or elevator go up the stairs, or when shopping park a bit further back just simple smaller changes add up over time

5) eat more protein

6) eat low calorie but filling meals the more food you get for the less calories the better, you can find loads of recipes to try that are low calorie and filling experiment with these and find out what you like

7) if you slip up just get back on track. We’re all human if you gave into a craving one day just continue your typical day of eating rather than starve yourself to “oFfSeT cAlOrIeS” just must on and forget about it one snack or “bad” meal isn’t going to cancel out all your progress you’ve made
This is the most realistic and detailed answer I’ve ever got thank you so much for this x I was also wondering if you cut out carbs and whether you have to count calories bc so far this week I don’t have sugar in my tea, I substitute sweets and chocolate with fruit if I want to eat something sweet, I have stopped snacking and watched what I eat and drank around 3 litres of water a day, exercised a bit at home and walked and avoided bread for breakfast but ate malt bread if I had do instead (it’s a fit bread). I have also stopped eating a lot of rice and stuff in my portions and less sauce if my mum makes food ( generally cut my portions and ate more veggies) however I have slipped up as this week I had my period and craved chocolate so two days ago I had a bit of dark chocolate and a mini roll and today i had a chocolate twist . I feel so guilty ! It’s been a week and idk if I should continue or not and am I going to notice the weight drop after a week ?
username3928322
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sskeeeeeenggggg)
This is the most realistic and detailed answer I’ve ever got thank you so much for this x I was also wondering if you cut out carbs and whether you have to count calories bc so far this week I don’t have sugar in my tea, I substitute sweets and chocolate with fruit if I want to eat something sweet, I have stopped snacking and watched what I eat and drank around 3 litres of water a day, exercised a bit at home and walked and avoided bread for breakfast but ate malt bread if I had do instead (it’s a fit bread). I have also stopped eating a lot of rice and stuff in my portions and less sauce if my mum makes food ( generally cut my portions and ate more veggies) however I have slipped up as this week I had my period and craved chocolate so two days ago I had a bit of dark chocolate and a mini roll and today i had a chocolate twist . I feel so guilty ! It’s been a week and idk if I should continue or not and am I going to notice the weight drop after a week ?
Well carbs are great. These do not cause fat if arguably the opposite since they help with muscle recovery and fuel. Too much of anything can make you fat because at the end of the day it’s calories in vs calories out. So no you don’t have to cut carbs they’re fine as long as you’re in a calorie deficit.

So yeah counting calories can be your best bet but what you’ve done is alright. You can make small changes that lead to a calorie deficit without you even intending. So replacing sweets with fruit is great, no sugars in tea is also great and it’s these simple changes that add up.

And in terms of what happened with the chocolate you’re on your period seriously it will not ruin your progress and the scale isn’t the best way of seeing progress. Look for visual changes too as scales won’t tell you if it’s fat or water fluctuations so stop swearing by the scale and move in from that incident it will not ruin anything unless you let it get out of hand and start binging chocolate every day.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should not feel guilty after eating chocolates. + Counting kcalories will allow u to incorporate foods you like while still losing weight.
sskeeeeeenggggg
Rep:
?
Well carbs are great. These do not cause fat if arguably the opposite since they help with muscle recovery and fuel. Too much of anything can make you fat because at the end of the day it’s calories in vs calories out. So no you don’t have to cut carbs they’re fine as long as you’re in a calorie deficit.

So yeah counting calories can be your best bet but what you’ve done is alright. You can make small changes that lead to a calorie deficit without you even intending. So replacing sweets with fruit is great, no sugars in tea is also great and it’s these simple changes that add up.

And in terms of what happened with the chocolate you’re on your period seriously it will not ruin your progress and the scale isn’t the best way of seeing progress. Look for visual changes too as scales won’t tell you if it’s fat or water fluctuations so stop swearing by the scale and move in from that incident it will not ruin anything unless you let it get out of hand and start binging chocolate every day.
Honestly thank you very much x if you have any social media then let me know 😂❤️
username3928322
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly thank you very much x if you have any social media then let me know 😂❤️
@therock on insta definitely me yano
mason.taylor.16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
It took me 2 months to see results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (124)
23.75%
Live streaming events (46)
8.81%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.96%
A uni comparison tool (121)
23.18%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.03%