The Student Room Group

I'm scared I like my best friend.

hi
I'm scared I might be falling in love with my best friend (opposite sex). I'm really struggling to come to terms with my feelings. I definitely love her a lot, but I can't work out in what way; I'm not sure if this is really strong platonic love or something more.
I don't know what do to, I don't want to have feelings for her and ruin everything but I'm not sure if I can keep suppressing my feelings like this.

Could somebody maybe explain how to work out how I feel and what to do about it?
:hugs: This is a really hard situation to be in!
It sounds like you feel very strongly about her and there's usually no magic way of finding out how you feel. Think about what you'd want to do with a girlfriend (eg dates, handholding, kissing perhaps) and if you'd want to do that with her?
If you really do want to date her, it's always worth asking and just seeing - if she does like you romantically, awesome, and if not it's usually not as friendship-ruining as people think.
shoot ur shot
Reply 3
Original post by becausethenight
:hugs: This is a really hard situation to be in!
It sounds like you feel very strongly about her and there's usually no magic way of finding out how you feel. Think about what you'd want to do with a girlfriend (eg dates, handholding, kissing perhaps) and if you'd want to do that with her?
If you really do want to date her, it's always worth asking and just seeing - if she does like you romantically, awesome, and if not it's usually not as friendship-ruining as people think.

Thank you :hugs:
It gives me a lot of hope that it normally doesn't ruin friendships like you hear about-
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :hugs:
It gives me a lot of hope that it normally doesn't ruin friendships like you hear about-

No worries :smile:
:goodluck: whatever happens!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending