UniversityExam Paper

Watch
Answer Please
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
The paper directly said only to attempt 1 question from section B. But, I done both the questions on section B. How do they mark it then. Do they give me no marks at all for section B. Even though its potentially correct on both?
Fox Hound
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Answer Please)
The paper directly said only to attempt 1 question from section B. But, I done both the questions on section B. How do they mark it then. Do they give me no marks at all for section B. Even though its potentially correct on both?
Check with the module leader or the module handbook. For me, both in school and uni, they would mark the first question that you would answer in any given section. Once you've answered the required number then they would skip over any subsequently answered questions and move on. This would be the case even if you answered the questions out of order.

For example, Section A has 6 questions and you need to answer any 4. You answer 1,2,3,4 and 5. The marker would mark questions 1,2,3 and 4 but because only 4 questions are required to be answered they would skip question 5. If you answered out of order, say 2,4,1,6,5, then 3, they would mark question 2,4,1 and 6 and skip 5 and 3.

Hope this helps but you should definitely check the module handbook or ask the module leader for clarification.
Answer Please
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thank you. I have solved the problem. The module leader decided that I can eliminate any of 1 question from section B. Obviously, I eliminated the one I done bad on haha. However, I dont know when he is marking it could be a month later and he potentially forgets my request and marks only the first question which I done meh on. Fyi I started on queston 2 on section B. So it was more detailed. You can tell straight away if you looked at it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads