The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

is the university of birmingham diverse

I know that birmingham is a diverse city but I’ve heard that The university of Birmingham is not that diverse can someone confirm or object this
Yes it is a diverse university. Most big universities tend to be quite mixed due to the higher international student numbers :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Yes, quite a few americans, south asian, east asian, couple black (african/caribbean etc). Though I'd argue the majority is white. Don't let this put you off.
Original post by Anonymous
I know that birmingham is a diverse city but I’ve heard that The university of Birmingham is not that diverse can someone confirm or object this

Hi!

I'm a third year student at UoB. I would say that the student population is very mixed. Whilst there is still a large number of white British students, there is also a huge community of people from other ethnic backgrounds and international students. There are over 10,000 international students from 150 countries at UoB. This is almost 1/3 of the whole student body! So I would say that UoB is quite a diverse university. I would say that numbers of international students on each course does vary quite widely though.

I hope this helps!

~Caitlin~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending