what age is the normal age to be interested in sex for girls

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
please no trolls.

i’m 16 and don’t really feel interested in sex or having it. I’m kinda scared at the idea I may have a low sex-drive idk? I masterbate lol but don’t feel that interested in getting a girlfriend/boyfriend anytime soon. Then again, I think me questioning my sexuality is a big reason for my lack of interest.. I’ve never had a relationship or had anyone show interested in me maybe that’s why

I also hate how I look so I feel like even if I feel ready I woild be too insecure
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the girl, her sexual preferences and personal priorities.
There is no normal age range.
I know plenty of girls in their 20s & 30s who have no sexual interest in guys or sex at all, they are focused on their careers and improving their finances. Probably asexual.
I started dating at 16 and am only attracted to guys much older than me.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I am 20. I got my period at 11 years old. So i have been hormonal and interested in sex since eleven. But I haven't found my perfect man that I want yet
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends on the girl, her sexual preferences and personal priorities.
There is no normal age range.
I know plenty of girls in their 20s & 30s who have no sexual interest in guys or sex at all, they are focused on their careers and improving their finances. Probably asexual.
I started dating at 16 and am only attracted to guys much older than me.
Do asexual people enjoy masterbation? Do they care about not being interested in sex??
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
please no trolls.

i’m 16 and don’t really feel interested in sex or having it. I’m kinda scared at the idea I may have a low sex-drive idk? I masterbate lol but don’t feel that interested in getting a girlfriend/boyfriend anytime soon. Then again, I think me questioning my sexuality is a big reason for my lack of interest.. I’ve never had a relationship or had anyone show interested in me maybe that’s why

I also hate how I look so I feel like even if I feel ready I woild be too insecure
From what you say you are unsure of your sexuality. That is not uncommon for people your age and a little older. Even though your friends may be at it like rabbits there is nothing wrong with lack of interest in sex. Essentially libido (interest in sex) is a hormonal thing. You may well not be fully past puberty at your age. Whilst in boys puberty triggers huge sexual desire the same cannot always be said of girls.
You say that you feel scared at the idea and insecure about your appearance. For girls there is a certain amount of risk with having sex, there is the possibility of pregnancy or STIs, so you need to understand how to manage and reduce those risks. Forming relationships is also very stressful and can leave emotional scars for many years.
The good news is that there are ways you can improve your appearance and begin to feel more confident. If you have an older female friend or relative they will give you advice.
Don't be worried about the situation for now, there is no harm in waiting a few years to see how you feel then. There is no law saying that you MUST start having sex or forming relationships at 16!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (609)
49.11%
No (631)
50.89%

Watched Threads