housemistress keep picking on me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys long story short my housemistress really dislikes me for no reasons and kept picking on me and shaming me in house assemblies... I am in year 13 at the moment and I technically would only see her for 2 more terms, I wonder if I should just let go this issue but from time to time this does upsets me...
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ignore it for two more terms. Anyway - are you not locked down?

Or - you could confront her and tell her how humiliated what she does makes you feel.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ByEeek)
Ignore it for two more terms. Anyway - are you not locked down?

Or - you could confront her and tell her how humiliated what she does makes you feel.
yeh we are currently in lock down but we still have online assemblies and she just wouldn't stop shaming me which makes me sometimes quite upset...
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What has she said or done?
username1799249
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeh we are currently in lock down but we still have online assemblies and she just wouldn't stop shaming me which makes me sometimes quite upset...
Why not unmute yourself in assembly and call her out?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
What has she said or done?
she was basically disclosing my daily life to everyone by shaming the fact that i feel fatigued from time to time... but she doesn't know the reasons behind it...
Anonymous #1
Why not unmute yourself in assembly and call her out?
I am quite scared to do so and don't want to sound rude...
Anonymous #1
some of my friends suggest me to move house but I don't think that's a good idea... as all my closest friends are in the same house as me
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
she was basically disclosing my daily life to everyone by shaming the fact that i feel fatigued from time to time... but she doesn't know the reasons behind it...
You should tell the school if you have some condition that affects your fatigue levels. If you have told the school, then for 100% certain the Housemistress does know about it.
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd advise that you contact her privately explaining why you feel fatigued from time to time. If it's a medical thing, it's no joke and she shouldn't be making jokes at your expense that make you uncomfortable.

Don't do it in public, it'll add fuel to the flame and then she really won't like you for calling her out and embarrassing her. :yep:
Anonymous #1
thank you for all your advices, there are no specific conditions that made me feel fatigue from time to time and she just thought I'm being lazy and stay in bed and not do work all the time... but that's no true I think I will speak up for myself next time she picks on me
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey guys long story short my housemistress really dislikes me for no reasons and kept picking on me and shaming me in house assemblies... I am in year 13 at the moment and I technically would only see her for 2 more terms, I wonder if I should just let go this issue but from time to time this does upsets me...
I'm assuming you are boarding, join the club but I have different experiences. We have 10 boarding houses at school, my one is yr 9 to yr 12 so I'm one of the babies in the house. I love it, I love my houseparent but I'm convinced she hates me. Everyone in the school loves our houseparent, she wasn't meant to be one but then our original one fell ill so we have her as replacement. She's a french teacher usually, but I'm convinced she hates me even though I love her to pieces. Are you in boarding over lockdown? If you are, and if she's hurting you, then speak up. If you're at your house, I'd say lie low as you would probably only have a term there now. I'm sorry this isn't very helpful. But I get it when you think a houseparent hates you. The only difference for me is my houseparent is more like a mum to me than my real one is.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you for all your advices, there are no specific conditions that made me feel fatigue from time to time and she just thought I'm being lazy and stay in bed and not do work all the time... but that's no true I think I will speak up for myself next time she picks on me
Would your parents speak to her for you? That could be a last resort if nothing else works.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06)
I'm assuming you are boarding, join the club but I have different experiences. We have 10 boarding houses at school, my one is yr 9 to yr 12 so I'm one of the babies in the house. I love it, I love my houseparent but I'm convinced she hates me. Everyone in the school loves our houseparent, she wasn't meant to be one but then our original one fell ill so we have her as replacement. She's a french teacher usually, but I'm convinced she hates me even though I love her to pieces. Are you in boarding over lockdown? If you are, and if she's hurting you, then speak up. If you're at your house, I'd say lie low as you would probably only have a term there now. I'm sorry this isn't very helpful. But I get it when you think a houseparent hates you. The only difference for me is my houseparent is more like a mum to me than my real one is.
hi thank you for your advice and yes I do board and I am currently at home which is nice at the moment but we still have online assemblies which I still see her every week...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Would your parents speak to her for you? That could be a last resort if nothing else works.
I don't want to bother my parents on this issue... I think I will just let go and hopefully she will not pick on me that often but thank you for your advice
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't want to bother my parents on this issue... I think I will just let go and hopefully she will not pick on me that often but thank you for your advice
No problem! I hope everything works out.
username1799249
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am quite scared to do so and don't want to sound rude...
Ok - so send her an email. Or send the head an email about it.

Of course, the question is, does she have good cause for picking on you?
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is housemistress some sort of euphemism for a live in prostitute?
Anonymous #1
Ok - so send her an email. Or send the head an email about it.

Of course, the question is, does she have good cause for picking on you?
for her own happiness I guess... she slut shamed my friend for wearing shorts in non school uniform day as well... so she's quite 'well known' for shaming people she doesn't like
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (516)
51.29%
No (490)
48.71%

Watched Threads