Ryanlmao
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi im ryan and im currently revising for gcses but my friends and family are telling me year 10 is too early to begin revising for them however my teachers say it's a good idea and i really dont know whos advice to follow
maddielle222
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! It's never too early to start revising and it will really help you later on the more you get organised now. Just remember to have a balance with other activities and breaks so you don't burn out by the time it comes to your actual exams.
ll ACR ll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ryanlmao)
hi im ryan and im currently revising for gcses but my friends and family are telling me year 10 is too early to begin revising for them however my teachers say it's a good idea and i really dont know whos advice to follow
keep revising. However, the only subjects that should probably only jump ahead are maths and all sciences.
If you are doing history:
try to get used to a writing structure for what ever component your doing. If you think you have mastered it. You could look into the future content.

if you are doing CS (computer science):
Learn how to code and most significantly, learn how to apply computational thinking.

RS:
master the structure

English lit:
learn how to structure your answers and learn how to use context within your writing. Revise subject terminology also .
Phantom14022
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
learning the content almost fully and doing practice papers by the end of year 10 for the sciences, maths and english will 100% help you to get grade 9s in the core subjects, tbh the rest of your gcses can be revised in yr11 , as long as your aware of the fundamentals for the other GCSEs by the end of yr 10
tsukife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nahh it'll do you good. some revision i did in yr9 is still in my head (yr11 now) jshdjhj it did me rlly good honestly. maybe just do light revision like mindmaps and flashcards, not past papers all the time
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah light revision is great! Don’t work yourself too hard with it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (392)
32.24%
No (824)
67.76%

Watched Threads