where can I get some good quality clothes?

Watch
yellowjeebz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hii.... I really fancy some nice quality new clothes. I've decided to spend my Christmas money on something new.... I really like the korean soft cute girly style so was looking on Yesstyle.... but with delivery to the UK lasting 40 days or more I just didn't think it was worthwhile.

So scrap that....

I really fancy a skirt. I don't currently own a skirt, but I fancy one. I was either thinking a black denim, or a long skirt or something like this:
https://www.yesstyle.com/en/treezin-...pid=1055805654
https://www.yesstyle.com/en/diyi-bel...pid=1076628225
How do I rock a skirt? I barely wear them so feel a bit uncomfortable in them and, please be honest, do you get judged for wearing long skirts or skirts at all at school? (not that I'll be wearing it to school at this rate with corona!)

Also, does anyone know where I can get some good quality jeans?
oh.. and where's a good place for jumpers/cardigans.

I am willing to splurge if I can get some lovely long-term clothes which will last me.
Budget-wise, I don't really want to be spending more than £50 on a piece of clothing.

I also really like Lazy Oaf and Minga London, however have only ever gotten 2 jumpers from Minga as both are really pricey......

help!

oh also my measurements are 167cm, 52kg
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a skirt like the one in your first link and I usually wear it with a polo neck top with oxfords or high boots. Can't say I've ever been judged for wearing one.

Gap jeans are decent quality and sometimes H&M have good quality ones too (I usually go for 98% cotton - they are thick and don't fade quickly). With jumpers, I just buy ones I like regardless of what shop they are from.
arwaisfailing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the skirt in the link is cute it’s definitely the type to wear to sixth form/ more casually when out, u could pair it with a plain top (not patterned bc it will clash), id say a black or white tank/bandeau/crop/tshirt or even an oversized jumper with a colllared shirt underneath for a different type of look

honestly, long skirts at school would make some people judge u, but if that’s ur vibe then just rock it!! a lot of it is just fashion sense and confidence- i would never wear a long skirt bc it wouldn’t suit me but there’s a girl in my sixth form that occasionally does (brandy melville style midi skirts) and she looks sO good and iconic

i don’t wear skirts usually, like ever, but i do at sixth form and the cutest ones tend to be shorter high waisted ones in my opinion, can send pics if u need. if u want kawaii style skirts, you can get good quality ones off amazon

i tend to go for cheaper clothes that i vibe with (indie style) so i’m not sure where to get the better quality stuff, but i’d say if u get good quality basics, eg high waisted jeans from h&m/pull and bear, asos and some basic black/white tops from plt or something, that’s a good start

shein and romwe have really cute cardigans, but they’re not long lasting quality (but cheap anyway)
i also have a lot of jeans from dorothy perkins (flares) and they’re really good quality
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by arwaisfailing)
the skirt in the link is cute it’s definitely the type to wear to sixth form/ more casually when out, u could pair it with a plain top (not patterned bc it will clash), id say a black or white tank/bandeau/crop/tshirt or even an oversized jumper with a colllared shirt underneath for a different type of look

honestly, long skirts at school would make some people judge u, but if that’s ur vibe then just rock it!! a lot of it is just fashion sense and confidence- i would never wear a long skirt bc it wouldn’t suit me but there’s a girl in my sixth form that occasionally does (brandy melville style midi skirts) and she looks sO good and iconic

i don’t wear skirts usually, like ever, but i do at sixth form and the cutest ones tend to be shorter high waisted ones in my opinion, can send pics if u need. if u want kawaii style skirts, you can get good quality ones off amazon

i tend to go for cheaper clothes that i vibe with (indie style) so i’m not sure where to get the better quality stuff, but i’d say if u get good quality basics, eg high waisted jeans from h&m/pull and bear, asos and some basic black/white tops from plt or something, that’s a good start

shein and romwe have really cute cardigans, but they’re not long lasting quality (but cheap anyway)
i also have a lot of jeans from dorothy perkins (flares) and they’re really good quality
omgg this is perfect thank you <3
ill have a look at pull and bear and dorothy perkins and i have to say wasn't expecting amazon!!

this is really helpful!! I think i'll stick to the shorter skirts for the time being not quite there with the confidence for long skirts.. then again with lockdown im sure i have the time to find some good outfits.
Thank you so much!!!!
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
I have a skirt like the one in your first link and I usually wear it with a polo neck top with oxfords or high boots. Can't say I've ever been judged for wearing one.

Gap jeans are decent quality and sometimes H&M have good quality ones too (I usually go for 98% cotton - they are thick and don't fade quickly). With jumpers, I just buy ones I like regardless of what shop they are from.
thank youuu!!! i'll go look for some polo necks, oxfords and high boots!
also i'll have a look at gap, never really gotten anything since i was little! and make sure to look for 98%!!
simsimmabimma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yellowjeebz)
Hii.... I really fancy some nice quality new clothes. I've decided to spend my Christmas money on something new.... I really like the korean soft cute girly style so was looking on Yesstyle.... but with delivery to the UK lasting 40 days or more I just didn't think it was worthwhile.

So scrap that....

I really fancy a skirt. I don't currently own a skirt, but I fancy one. I was either thinking a black denim, or a long skirt or something like this:
How do I rock a skirt? I barely wear them so feel a bit uncomfortable in them and, please be honest, do you get judged for wearing long skirts or skirts at all at school? (not that I'll be wearing it to school at this rate with corona!)

I am willing to splurge if I can get some lovely long-term clothes which will last me.
Budget-wise, I don't really want to be spending more than £50 on a piece of clothing.

I also really like Lazy Oaf and Minga London, however have only ever gotten 2 jumpers from Minga as both are really pricey......

help!

Zara always has great, stylish clothing and a wonderful selection of skirts. Monki is also a great place to get skirts and clothing that fits the aesthetic you're going for. I usually wear skirts with chunky jumpers or a slightly oversized blazer. I like to pair them with boots, either Doc Marten's or a nice pair of knee-high or over the knee ones. Tights are up to you and the weather, but if you want to make a statement you can get a pair of patterned ones or fishnets. Weekday has great quality jeans and basics that last for years, and if you're looking for longer skirts, they have a lot of satin and velvet midi length ones. Weekday can be a little pricey at times, but they have sales quite often. H&M has the best jumpers and cardigans. I've had some of mine for 5 years!

When it comes to people at school, forget about them. If they say something, just know it's because they're probably too insecure to dress the same way I hope you find some great stuff while you're shopping. I'm sure you'll look amazing!
npic9
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ASOS, wait for the sales or the 20% student discounts. They sell a lot of brands such as monki, pimkie, lazy oaf, daisy street, cheap Monday, collusion, the vintage supply and etc. When you go on the website just filter out on what your hoping for and something similar should come up.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

So scrap that....

help!

Try to maxx
Dorothy Perkins is good as well
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Jean Genie
Name:  FB_IMG_1611927736086.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  71.0 KB

Dress Accordingly
Name:  FB_IMG_1611928232716.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  45.7 KB
jeffanbob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Petsmart as really good clothes it is totally not for adopting animals and getting toys for them. Totally dose not have dog toys.
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by simsimmabimma)
Zara always has great, stylish clothing and a wonderful selection of skirts. Monki is also a great place to get skirts and clothing that fits the aesthetic you're going for. I usually wear skirts with chunky jumpers or a slightly oversized blazer. I like to pair them with boots, either Doc Marten's or a nice pair of knee-high or over the knee ones. Tights are up to you and the weather, but if you want to make a statement you can get a pair of patterned ones or fishnets. Weekday has great quality jeans and basics that last for years, and if you're looking for longer skirts, they have a lot of satin and velvet midi length ones. Weekday can be a little pricey at times, but they have sales quite often. H&M has the best jumpers and cardigans. I've had some of mine for 5 years!

When it comes to people at school, forget about them. If they say something, just know it's because they're probably too insecure to dress the same way I hope you find some great stuff while you're shopping. I'm sure you'll look amazing!
Brilliant!! I'll have a look - so grateful!! I'll keep an eye out for Weekday sales!
And thank you for the last comment - dressing for myself not them :P
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by npic9)
ASOS, wait for the sales or the 20% student discounts. They sell a lot of brands such as monki, pimkie, lazy oaf, daisy street, cheap Monday, collusion, the vintage supply and etc. When you go on the website just filter out on what your hoping for and something similar should come up.
My sister loves ASOS!! I'll definitely give it a go!! Thank you!!!
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Try to maxx
Dorothy Perkins is good as well
tthank youu!!! I'm guessing you mean Tk Maxx? I used to love it there before corona had it all shut!!
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by NJA)
Jean Genie
Name:  FB_IMG_1611927736086.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  71.0 KB

Dress Accordingly
Name:  FB_IMG_1611928232716.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  45.7 KB
beautiful. will defo try this style out!
yellowjeebz
Rep:
?
(Original post by jeffanbob)
Petsmart as really good clothes it is totally not for adopting animals and getting toys for them. Totally dose not have dog toys.
ahh brilliant! although even the xl dog coats don't seem to fit... i wonder whats up with that.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
tthank youu!!! I'm guessing you mean Tk Maxx? I used to love it there before corona had it all shut!!
Yeah, I meant tk maxx. My phone auto corrected it.
I love the shop too. And Dorothy Perkins is one of the few places where I can get trousers and jeans short enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%