The Student Room Group

Help ACA question!!!

How long does it take to complete th ACA qualification with a degree and all 8 exemptions?
Still takes a 3 year contract. You need to show proven work experience in a specific ACA approved employer (which you record on a tracker from when you start your ACA contract-not previous experience)

Plus not all employers accept exemptions and will make you re-take the exams

And you have to do 3 ethics reviews with ACA approved trainers. 1 per year at least ideally, (my employer does them every 6 months)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lbenson88
Still takes a 3 year contract. You need to show proven work experience in a specific ACA approved employer (which you record on a tracker from when you start your ACA contract-not previous experience)

Plus not all employers accept exemptions and will make you re-take the exams

And you have to do 3 ethics reviews with ACA approved trainers. 1 per year at least ideally, (my employer does them every 6 months)

Thanks. Also, whilst you are doing the contract with a ACA approved employer, do i get paid aswell?
Original post by meerkatking123
Thanks. Also, whilst you are doing the contract with a ACA approved employer, do i get paid aswell?

Yup, you’re employed by the company like a regular employee so get paid, and have holidays ect.

However the pay rates vary massively between companies, and some can be poor wages. Also because you’re in a training contract is common to have clauses in your contract where if you fail an exam you loose your job. Some places you might fail and straight away that’s it, some might give you one more chance and if you fail a second time that’s it. (Depends on where you are)

But given most people do multiple exams at the same time it’s worth realising you REALY need to study, and it’s just as important as doing your work , or you can be fired. So you work full time, then also study on evenings and weekends. Which is standard
Original post by lbenson88
Yup, you’re employed by the company like a regular employee so get paid, and have holidays ect.

However the pay rates vary massively between companies, and some can be poor wages. Also because you’re in a training contract is common to have clauses in your contract where if you fail an exam you loose your job. Some places you might fail and straight away that’s it, some might give you one more chance and if you fail a second time that’s it. (Depends on where you are)

But given most people do multiple exams at the same time it’s worth realising you REALY need to study, and it’s just as important as doing your work , or you can be fired. So you work full time, then also study on evenings and weekends. Which is standard

Than you so much for the reply. Sorry to bother you again, but did you do a degree and then do the ACA or did you start the ACA at 18 after college?
Original post by meerkatking123
Than you so much for the reply. Sorry to bother you again, but did you do a degree and then do the ACA or did you start the ACA at 18 after college?

I did a degree then the ACA but it doesn’t really make a difference, apart from if you did a business/accounting/economics degree where you already know bits of the ACA modules. But plenty of people do the ACA after doing degrees completely unrelated and they’re essentially starting equally to the people with no degree.

Quick Reply