LAE Totthenham vs LAE stratford

Watch
ca_1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the difference between the two sixth forms? I've applied to both I was just wondering what the general differences are. 9I understand that LAE Stratford seems to be "better", I'd just like to know the comparisons between the two schools in more detail) xx
olivka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are two? I applied but I don't know to which one, haha
ca_1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by olivka)
There are two? I applied but I don't know to which one, haha
Don't worry I found out that LAE tottenham existed yesterday haha, my first choice in general is LAE stratford though. What courses do you want to do? Also, check emails from them you can probs figure it out xx
olivka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ca_1234)
Don't worry I found out that LAE tottenham existed yesterday haha, my first choice in general is LAE stratford though. What courses do you want to do? Also, check emails from them you can probs figure it out xx
Oh okay! I mean at least we applied. I chose to study History, Philosophy and Theology, Gov and Pol, History of Art. It sounds like a lot of writing, but I enjoy that. How about you?
olivka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You might want to check it out on the government website where it compares schools.
ca_1234
Rep:
?
Oh okay! I mean at least we applied. I chose to study History, Philosophy and Theology, Gov and Pol, History of Art. It sounds like a lot of writing, but I enjoy that. How about you?
Oooo all essay subjects. I chose to do bio, chem and Spanish. I put maths down as my fourth but I don’t know if I’ll do maths or philosophy& theology. Weird mix I know 😂
olivka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oooo all essay subjects. I chose to do bio, chem and Spanish. I put maths down as my fourth but I don’t know if I’ll do maths or philosophy& theology. Weird mix I know 😂
You say easy now. If you do find them easy good for you.
ca_1234
Rep:
?
You say easy now. If you do find them easy good for you.
No I said essay subjects!! As in writing subjects... I don’t find them easy at all😭😭 good luck to you
bleh_bleh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tbh I don’t think there’s much difference between the two. The only differences I can think of is that LAE Stratford is older and offers RS while LAE Tottenham is newer and doesn’t offer RS. But that’s pretty much it. Most of the clubs and opportunities offered are similar as far as I know. If you can, try to find students from both and ask about their experiences and stuff so that can help you decide which would be better for you. Hope that helps!
olivka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I said essay subjects!! As in writing subjects... I don’t find them easy at all😭😭 good luck to you
ahhahah, right sorry
br1ka_m
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bleh_bleh)
Tbh I don’t think there’s much difference between the two. The only differences I can think of is that LAE Stratford is older and offers RS while LAE Tottenham is newer and doesn’t offer RS. But that’s pretty much it. Most of the clubs and opportunities offered are similar as far as I know. If you can, try to find students from both and ask about their experiences and stuff so that can help you decide which would be better for you. Hope that helps!
Pretty sure LAET offers more subjects in comparison to LAE. Off the top of my head I remember Computer Science, Italian, Arabic (was thinking about doing this but don't even have the GCSE and my Arabic is too bad rn to learn it all in a few months ) and Core maths.

They also do different exam boards - obviously not too big of a deal but I think in more extreme cases the board does matter such as that AQA Bio has an essay q whereas OCR doesn't?? In anyway, they are both amazing schools with amazing results and I'd be chuffed to bits if I get into even one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (11)
16.67%
Unhappy (20)
30.3%
Conflicted (35)
53.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed