The Student Room Group

Will my Mid-Year Report mess up my chances at Ivies?

My A Level grades are now at A*AAAB after a downgrade on a school report, which got sent off to Ivies. I have A*A*A*A*A predicted on my transcript, however. Will this drop affect my chances hugely? My counsellor did write to unis alongside my grades explaining these midyear grades aren't representative, Corona has messed up schooling and we haven't had mock exams either - am I screwed or will the horrible schooling circumstances back up the fact that this is a temporary dip and things can be rectified, meaning they'll be happy at my original transcript grades?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My A Level grades are now at A*AAAB after a downgrade on a school report, which got sent off to Ivies. I have A*A*A*A*A predicted on my transcript, however. Will this drop affect my chances hugely? My counsellor did write to unis alongside my grades explaining these midyear grades aren't representative, Corona has messed up schooling and we haven't had mock exams either - am I screwed or will the horrible schooling circumstances back up the fact that this is a temporary dip and things can be rectified, meaning they'll be happy at my original transcript grades?

There's no make-or-break threshold when it comes to evaluating grades because committees will be looking at your application as a whole, so no, the dip in grades alone will not directly have an effect on your results. It helps that your counselor wrote to unis explaning extenuating circumstances (and this has been a hard year for so many students for similar reasons, so you won't be alone).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending