The Student Room Group

Guys do you have a problem with girls not shaving pubic hair??

Scroll to see replies

If a man is pathetic enough to actually care about pubic hair (especially for utterly moronic reasoning such as “it’s cleaner” - it’s not) then do not have sex with him. He’ll probably be **** in bed anyway. Any man who cares about something as stupid as pubic hair only cares about pleasuring himself.
Original post by Anonymous
Funny how us women don't want men looking like hairless prepubescent boys

Many women prefer a guy who looks after his pubic hair (and guys who look after themselves keep it tidy)
Original post by cchloepx
If a man is pathetic enough to actually care about pubic hair (especially for utterly moronic reasoning such as “it’s cleaner” - it’s not) then do not have sex with him. He’ll probably be **** in bed anyway. Any man who cares about something as stupid as pubic hair only cares about pleasuring himself.

sex is a about pleasure - if pubic hair takes that away from me, why should I put up with it. I'm sure plenty of men are fine with a brush but there is nothing wrong with having a preference.
No, it is still dirtier than trimmed or shaved hair. You are still spending large parts of the day with urine on your pubic hair (unless you wash each time you pee, which most people in the UK don't). You can argue all you want, but trimmed/shaves is more hygienic than a bush.

So it’s not really about the hair it’s more about how clean the person is? Because I wash every time I pee, and would be especially conscious if I knew I might be having sex or whatever so the hair shouldn’t be a problem lol It’d be better than someone who’s shaved/ trimmed and doesn’t clean themselves
Stubble is nasty.
:hand: stay hygenic
Original post by A Rolling Stone
anyone who has ACTUALLY gone down on a girl knows there are far more icky things about vaginas than any hair lmao

I can't think of anything icky at all about this activity.

The female body is a wonderful thing.
Original post by Horatio_Nelson
100% i wont go down on a girl if they're hairy down there. **** off with that patriarchy ********, if you want foreplay then shave, if not then no foreplay im afraid. Girls tend to do hardly any foreplay in my experience yet im there doing it for 40 minutes because i understand how important it is, so if thats the case then i would only do it if the girl is shaven

That's fine. You stick to shaven girls.

I'll stick to unshaven, shaven and inbetween women.
erm, the smell, the taste, the look of them close-up, the strange texture deep inside...

Women smell, taste, look and feel nice in that area of their body.
So it’s not really about the hair it’s more about how clean the person is? Because I wash every time I pee, and would be especially conscious if I knew I might be having sex or whatever so the hair shouldn’t be a problem lol It’d be better than someone who’s shaved/ trimmed and doesn’t clean themselves

not just about cleanliness but that is a big part of it. also don't like hair during oral sex, and a bush just looks untidy to me. I keep my hair tidy and I prefer my partner to do the same.
Ok, why does the hair bother you so much? It’s so normal

It's my personal preference? It's legit my face going there and i prefer a girl not have hair there? Some girls dont like guys with beards but i wont see anyone bat an eye lid at that? I don't want hair in my mouth and its just what i prefer
anyone who has ACTUALLY gone down on a girl knows there are far more icky things about vaginas than any hair lmao

When did i say that hair was the most "icky" thing? its MY preference
I think many of the men who have a problem with pubic hair are not ready for anything other than a one night stand. It is hard to keep up with shaving often, it can cause rashes, there will be stubble, and if you want sex regularly, you will have to deal with the fact that a woman cannot shave everyday without causing irritation. Even if she waxes, there will be a period of time where she will have to wait for a bit of growth in order to wax again.
I think many of the men who have a problem with pubic hair are not ready for anything other than a one night stand. It is hard to keep up with shaving often, it can cause rashes, there will be stubble, and if you want sex regularly, you will have to deal with the fact that a woman cannot shave everyday without causing irritation. Even if she waxes, there will be a period of time where she will have to wait for a bit of growth in order to wax again.

I could just as easily argue that if a woman isn't ready to keep her downstairs area tidy, she is not ready for anything but a one night stand? If men can keep up with shaving their faces, I don't quite see what the problem with keeping your pubic are tidy is? If you cba doing it that's fine, but no need to make excuses, just say you cba
Original post by cchloepx

LMAO completely and utterly wrong, im not going to use my tongue and go down on a girl if she is hairy down there. Its my preference. That's like me saying if a girl has a bush then she'll be **** at giving head, bruh calm yourself
I could just as easily argue that if a woman isn't ready to keep her downstairs area tidy, she is not ready for anything but a one night stand? If men can keep up with shaving their faces, I don't quite see what the problem with keeping your pubic are tidy is? If you cba doing it that's fine, but no need to make excuses, just say you cba

The skin down there is sensitive, not the same as facial skin. There’s a difference in the sense that most women don’t mind shaving their legs everyday or their underarms, but shaving down there requires a lot more care and causes more irritation. My point isn’t that all girls should keep a full bush. My point is that if you’re going to be in a long-term relationship and want sex everyday, you can’t expect her to be fully shaved every single day. There will be times where she will have a little bit of hair. It’s nothing to do with the fact that we cba if we can do our legs and underarms, it’s simply that there’s no way someone can shave their pubic hair everyday without getting razor burns and irritation. If you can’t handle even 1cm of hair growth every once in a while, then you have way too high expectations. And as I said, if a woman got waxed, there’s no way she’s gonna be able to get waxed again without letting it grow a bit, so either deal with it, or go without sex until she is ready to remove it again. Simple really.
The skin down there is sensitive, not the same as facial skin. There’s a difference in the sense that most women don’t mind shaving their legs everyday or their underarms, but shaving down there requires a lot more care and causes more irritation. My point isn’t that all girls should keep a full bush. My point is that if you’re going to be in a long-term relationship and want sex everyday, you can’t expect her to be fully shaved every single day. There will be times where she will have a little bit of hair. It’s nothing to do with the fact that we cba if we can do our legs and underarms, it’s simply that there’s no way someone can shave their pubic hair everyday without getting razor burns and irritation. If you can’t handle even 1cm of hair growth every once in a while, then you have way too high expectations. And as I said, if a woman got waxed, there’s no way she’s gonna be able to get waxed again without letting it grow a bit, so either deal with it, or go without sex until she is ready to remove it again. Simple really.

I never said I expect someone to be cleanly shaved every day, I said I'd expect them to be tidy. Just like I keep myself tidy down there. And 1cm of hair takes like 2-3 weeks to grow back - if trimming/shaving every 3 weeks is too much effort then yes, it kind of is a case of cba...
I never said I expect someone to be cleanly shaved every day, I said I'd expect them to be tidy. Just like I keep myself tidy down there. And 1cm of hair takes like 2-3 weeks to grow back - if trimming/shaving every 3 weeks is too much effort then yes, it kind of is a case of cba...

What? It takes me like 2 days for 1cm to grow back. Either way, it’s up to them what they want to do with it. Even if they cba, that is their choice and if it’s enough of a dealbreaker for you then don’t be with them. But yes as long as you’re okay with trimmed then that’s fine. I’m more so on about the ones who expect fully bare everytime.
As long as it's trimmed pretty short it doesn't have to be shaved. Long hairs stuck in your throat are really unpleasant.
What? It takes me like 2 days for 1cm to grow back. Either way, it’s up to them what they want to do with it. Even if they cba, that is their choice and if it’s enough of a dealbreaker for you then don’t be with them. But yes as long as you’re okay with trimmed then that’s fine. I’m more so on about the ones who expect fully bare everytime.

Yep, totally agree that it's their choice and that cba is a perfectly reasonable reason not to shave. However, people should also accept that that choice may put people off and shouldn't get upset about it (which OP seemed to get when people started to point out that hair would be a turn off) because having a preference is totally fine too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending