The Student Room Group

Anxious and worried about my future

Especially due to the exams being cancelled. Im 21 so I am pretty much in my future and it does make me feel anxious that I have not reached the milestones of people my age. It is extremely risky for the government to cancel the exams because exams determine your whole future, if I dont get these exams then the rest of my life is butcherd and I do get its the same for everyone else.

I have been a bit anxious because due to my exams being cancelled I have just been preparing for homelessness but I am worried I won't cope. I got so motivated and I was going to just attend college everyday to get these exams then the government cancels exams. Exams are too important to be cancelled I thought that was the whole point of keeping schools open in November. I don't see the point in cancelling exams because some people like me are going to not get there exams done at some point become homeless because they don't have exam results. I think they should atleast allow the most basic exams to go ahead like GCSE's Maths and English because they are extremely crucial and if you don't even have them then it's will ruin your life badly. This is what makes me anxious because I was supposed to be doing reatakes maths and English because I failed in school and I was going to do all my classes and put my everything to pass them. I cant do them now. This is why I am so anxious because my whole future is on the line here and it looks like I am going to have to accept homelessness but I just can't get myself prepared. Its not even my fault that I can't do my exams but employers won't care about that.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Especially due to the exams being cancelled. Im 21 so I am pretty much in my future and it does make me feel anxious that I have not reached the milestones of people my age. It is extremely risky for the government to cancel the exams because exams determine your whole future, if I dont get these exams then the rest of my life is butcherd and I do get its the same for everyone else.

I have been a bit anxious because due to my exams being cancelled I have just been preparing for homelessness but I am worried I won't cope. I got so motivated and I was going to just attend college everyday to get these exams then the government cancels exams. Exams are too important to be cancelled I thought that was the whole point of keeping schools open in November. I don't see the point in cancelling exams because some people like me are going to not get there exams done at some point become homeless because they don't have exam results. I think they should atleast allow the most basic exams to go ahead like GCSE's Maths and English because they are extremely crucial and if you don't even have them then it's will ruin your life badly. This is what makes me anxious because I was supposed to be doing reatakes maths and English because I failed in school and I was going to do all my classes and put my everything to pass them. I cant do them now. This is why I am so anxious because my whole future is on the line here and it looks like I am going to have to accept homelessness but I just can't get myself prepared. Its not even my fault that I can't do my exams but employers won't care about that.

I know it's hard man but you can always put your predicted grades on a CV and then explain to the employer your situation? I think you're working yourself up over this too much and you need to relax a bit, im sure you will get your predicted grades and they will be what you hope they are just focus on keeping yourself well in the meantime.
Reply 2
Original post by Gillzy
I know it's hard man but you can always put your predicted grades on a CV and then explain to the employer your situation? I think you're working yourself up over this too much and you need to relax a bit, im sure you will get your predicted grades and they will be what you hope they are just focus on keeping yourself well in the meantime.

My predicted grades aren't passes though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending