ndlpe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello So I am planning to start uni in 2021 September and have applied to: Lancaster, Bath, Newcastle, Leeds, and Manchester. I am international student so therefore have not visited this places/ unit. I would like to know which one would you recommend or what makes them different. This will be very helpful for my decision (if I get in )) hopefully)
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live in Manchester and it's very industrial. Some people don't like that, but there's still a lot of beauty to it in my opinion. It's incredibly diverse, and it's got plenty to do (when we're not in a pandemic). I think if you attended the university you'd very much be a part of the city life.

I went to a Lancaster open day a while back and was struck by how beautiful the place was. Much more natural, and much more of a campus than Manchester; you could essentially spend all of your time at the university on the campus if you were inclined to, as it looked to have everything you'd need on a day-to-day basis. It sounded a little safer than Manchester, but not as vibrant.

I've been to all the other places in my life, but not recently enough to comment on them properly, so I hope someone can fill you in there!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look on YouTube for the Campus Tours and previous Open Day films for each University.
That will give you an idea of what each University actually look like and what each University thinks are their strong points.#
Also look at 'tourist' films for each town/city.

Lancaster and Bath are both small historic towns - both lovely to live in, and as an overseas student a great way to see the best of the UK.
syca
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!! I'm also an international student who applied to Lancaster. I'm really confident in putting it as my firm, all the videos I've watched are so lovely! I do think the accommodations are a bit old compared to other unis I've looked at but that's all from photos and virtual tours so I'm not entirely sure. If you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for?
ndlpe
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I live in Manchester and it's very industrial. Some people don't like that, but there's still a lot of beauty to it in my opinion. It's incredibly diverse, and it's got plenty to do (when we're not in a pandemic). I think if you attended the university you'd very much be a part of the city life.

I went to a Lancaster open day a while back and was struck by how beautiful the place was. Much more natural, and much more of a campus than Manchester; you could essentially spend all of your time at the university on the campus if you were inclined to, as it looked to have everything you'd need on a day-to-day basis. It sounded a little safer than Manchester, but not as vibrant.

I've been to all the other places in my life, but not recently enough to comment on them properly, so I hope someone can fill you in there!
Thanks so much!! Very helpful info. I will take in consideration all your advice
ndlpe
Rep:
?
(Original post by syca)
Hello!! I'm also an international student who applied to Lancaster. I'm really confident in putting it as my firm, all the videos I've watched are so lovely! I do think the accommodations are a bit old compared to other unis I've looked at but that's all from photos and virtual tours so I'm not entirely sure. If you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for?
I applied to Accounting and Finance. What about you?
ndlpe
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Look on YouTube for the Campus Tours and previous Open Day films for each University.
That will give you an idea of what each University actually look like and what each University thinks are their strong points.#
Also look at 'tourist' films for each town/city.

Lancaster and Bath are both small historic towns - both lovely to live in, and as an overseas student a great way to see the best of the UK.
Thank you!! Great info.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ndlpe)
Hello So I am planning to start uni in 2021 September and have applied to: Lancaster, Bath, Newcastle, Leeds, and Manchester. I am international student so therefore have not visited this places/ unit. I would like to know which one would you recommend or what makes them different. This will be very helpful for my decision (if I get in )) hopefully)
My daughter is at Lancaster uni and its a great uni. Its campus is about 20 minutes away from the city on a bus. Buses come every 10 minutes. Its near morecambe by the seaside which is lovely in the summer. Lancaster is beautiful with lots of character. If you want to know more, read my blog on here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6562744
Its all about open days, application process, her grades and what uni she picks, and also how shes getting on
It also has Leeds on there too as we went there on open day. Further into the blog theres a you tube video that someone took last year of lockdown at lancaster and I put time stamps on there showing where everything is.
syca
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ndlpe)
I applied to Accounting and Finance. What about you?
I applied to Marketing Management! Maybe we'll see each other there
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ndlpe)
Thanks so much!! Very helpful info. I will take in consideration all your advice
No problem! Glad you think so
Oscarlewis123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lancaster is a really good option. The university is beautiful and the accommodation options are also very good. I stayed on campus for the first year and stayed with Uni pad for my 2nd and 3rd year. There’s other providers inc private landlords aswell. You won’t be disappointed with Lancaster
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (42)
25.15%
Unhappy (45)
26.95%
Conflicted (80)
47.9%

Watched Threads