The Student Room Group

University of Manchester dentistry

Hi everyone Iam glading to be here and this website is really helpful.
But now I need your help please.
I would like to study at university of Manchester ((Dentistry)) and I searched for informations BUT I didn't find anything helpful.

My question is : If I have functional skills English and maths level 2 and hoping to do access to higher education science with GCSE english and maths Is that enough qualifications or MUST I do GCSE science too.

Any thoughts or opinions I will appreciate that 💙
(edited 3 years ago)
Alternative entry requirements are on their university website. If your qualifications aren’t listed, they’re not accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Alternative entry requirements are on their university website. If your qualifications aren’t listed, they’re not accepted.

Hi, Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate it.

Here is a copy from the university website

Access to HE Diploma
We welcome applications from those taking Access qualifications if you have not previously studied at University.

We do not accept Access courses to `top-up' A-level grades that do not meet the normal entry requirements at the first attempt. We also expect applicants to have had at least 3 years out of education prior to starting the Access course.

If you have spent 3 or more years out of education but have previously studied A-levels or other post-16 qualifications you must contact us before applying in order to determine the suitability of an application.

Your Access course must be science-based and you must have 60 credits overall with 45 credits at Level 3. We require a minimum of 15 graded credits each in Biology and Chemistry. We require Distinctions in all Level 3 credits.

Applicants are also required to meet the English language requirements listed above and must offer GCSE Mathematics at Grade B (6).
Original post by Um Mishkah
Hi, Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate it.

Here is a copy from the university website

Access to HE Diploma
We welcome applications from those taking Access qualifications if you have not previously studied at University.

We do not accept Access courses to `top-up' A-level grades that do not meet the normal entry requirements at the first attempt. We also expect applicants to have had at least 3 years out of education prior to starting the Access course.

If you have spent 3 or more years out of education but have previously studied A-levels or other post-16 qualifications you must contact us before applying in order to determine the suitability of an application.

Your Access course must be science-based and you must have 60 credits overall with 45 credits at Level 3. We require a minimum of 15 graded credits each in Biology and Chemistry. We require Distinctions in all Level 3 credits.

Applicants are also required to meet the English language requirements listed above and must offer GCSE Mathematics at Grade B (6).

Do you have a question or need help understanding it?
Reply 4
Do you have a question or need help understanding it?

I want make sure that They require gcse science with access science or just GCSE english and maths
I want make sure that They require gcse science with access science or just GCSE english and maths

You will need to meet the GCSE requirements and the Access course requirements.
Reply 6
You will need to meet the GCSE requirements and the Access course requirements.

Iam sorry but there is misunderstanding 😞

I emailed the university But I didn't get any replies yet

What do you mean by GCSE requirements? Is it gcse science?!

I am really sorry ☹️
Iam sorry but there is misunderstanding 😞

I emailed the university But I didn't get any replies yet

What do you mean by GCSE requirements? Is it gcse science?!

I am really sorry ☹️

If you scroll down on this link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/dentistry-entry-requirements

In the Manchester section, their GCSE requirements are: At least 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or 8. English Language, Maths and sciences at grade 6.

Grade 6 = B, grade 7 = A and grade 8 = A*

So you must have English, Maths and science at grade 6 at least with at least 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or 8.

Quick Reply

Latest