I'll get you a photo of a nice rug.
Reema
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pink. Lots of Pink. Pick rocks .

And messiness is always good!!

Posters (inspirational) can be ordered at thefestivalshop.co.uk: some of them rock. One of them's got MLK's speech on the whole thing. Really good quality. Can be pricey though...
IHavePMS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I'll get you a photo of a nice rug.

''You're a gem ''

There you go =P
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reema)
Pink. Lots of Pink. Pick rocks .

And messiness is always good!!

Posters (inspirational) can be ordered at thefestivalshop.co.uk: some of them rock. One of them's got MLK's speech on the whole thing. Really good quality. Can be pricey though...
NOT a fan of much pink =P Or posters, for that matter. Sorry I guess it's just not my style. My sister has a pink room with posters though
hk_1_kinobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IHavePMS)
It's fairly large but my mother's not going to spend much more than 2 grand on it, so any ideas would be helpful. Anything from contrasts, to furnishing, to lampshades. I've already seen a four poster single bed I want. I was thinking of a wooden/cream combo or white and grey.
Invest in a Feng Shui book to help guide you :cool:
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by hk_1_kinobi)
Invest in a Feng Shui book to help guide you :cool:
I've never understood the concept. Why?
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
Maybe if this were 1992, but..no.
you'd rather copy fashion than go with your own style? get some character and stop being a boring sheep :hmpf:
hk_1_kinobi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
you'd rather copy fashion than go with your own style? get some character and stop being a boring sheep :hmpf:
what he said!
Eternal Fantasy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Reema)
Hehe, those posters rock! Still on my door - love my elephant one & the iceberg. Yeah, they are a bit pricey though.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Always do when I'm tired. I see creepy crawlies on walls and schtuff.
meep. scary stuff =/

and yeah, wallpaper borders = a big no no.

I saw a beautiful set of glass wardrobes today, and the cutest rotating mirror/storage unit made of oak.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I saw a beautiful set of glass wardrobes today, and the cutest rotating mirror/storage unit made of oak.
Ooh yeah that sound well nice- though be careful as you will need to keep the glass dusted.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by frost105)
Ooh yeah that sound well nice- though be careful as you will need to keep the glass dusted.
My room's not that dusty so i'm safe. It's frosted glass actually, and has these really light coloured squares on it; I even managed to find carpet that co ordinates well with the glass. Of course, i'm still stuck in the dilemma as to get the carpet or go for flooring boards.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My room's not that dusty so i'm safe. It's frosted glass actually, and has these really light coloured squares on it; I even managed to find carpet that co ordinates well with the glass. Of course, i'm still stuck in the dilemma as to get the carpet or go for flooring boards.
Floor boards!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
bah you two. sort this mess out and help me decide :mad:
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
buy a stereo, speakers, pc and tv and a big comfy chair (leather..perhaps one for old people that helps u get up etc, maybe also a vibrate function)

what more could u want?

oh and a mini fridge

IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Why thank you, my darling. Rep worthy.

I love the pine wood, the lamp's funky and where the hell do you get those storage cases and mirror?! Jeebus I love them. The bed posts are appealing, I love the intricate designs but mine will be wooden so i'll take a look at what I can get, perhaps even get someone to make a frame for me; carve the designs and all. I won't be having a desk, I love the studying for another room in the house and my laptop is practically attached to my hip =P I do want loads of cushions and throw overs and stuff though, so my place won't look empty! Again, you're a gem.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
buy a stereo, speakers, pc and tv and a big comfy chair (leather..perhaps one for old people that helps u get up etc, maybe also a vibrate function)

what more could u want?

oh and a mini fridge

I have a mini fridge I don't watch much tv though, but a big chair is a good idea...oh man, I hope there'll be enough room with all this stuff ='( Thanks!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Ooh fantastic, thanks. I can get to allders or debenhams, easy. (Y) And i've seen a couple of pretty funky mirrors online, now to find one to fit the budget after i've bought all the furniture, bedding, lighting, carpet/floor boards etc etc etc =P
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have you checked out some interior design magazines for inspiration? I'd recommend Living Etc. When I decorated my room I made mood boards (oh god I sound so sad) with ideas and patterns and colours I liked and the odd paint sample on a bit of paper. If you take something like that out with you when you shop for things for your room it gives you a better chance of having a consistent theme and getting all the colours matched up. It also means you can see the theme of the room as a whole (albeit on a piece of paper), before you start so you can get a good idea of how it will all look and feel without having to mess about changing things once you've started.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads