Jmonay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello , I always talk about this issue on here cause the feed back some times help me. Anyway I’ve been trying to get rid of the habit of not being addicted to social media I deleted/uninstall many apps . Which is skout, WhatsApp , Kik , Snapchat, telegram,Twitter and game apps I deleted too.

For some reason I just can’t delete Facebook and Instagram off my phone it’s like I’m stuck on it . I keep up with people I don’t know personally I always have their page in the search bar to view their page on Facebook . I deleted insta -stalker app and the re downloaded the app . Just to view people Instagram that don’t follow my page . Two people blocked me from viewing their page on Instagram . So I made another Instagram account so I could view the person page on Insta stalker . Also this female pictures I used to use to catfish people . I still look on her page and friends pages . I know who she is because we went to the same school . She doesn’t know who I am . Most of the people pages that I look at I either went to school with them and they don’t know who I am . Some I view from the media . I have a real problem . I’m trying to over come this non sense . I even limit being on the phone . I feel so stuck.. I’m fed up with myself . I always question myself why am I like this . I don’t want to obsess over anyone or be addicted to social media . I guess cause my life is boring I do this . Hate myself
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
Right now, look at your phone. Do you speak to people on facebook, or merely scroll and pree other people's lives? If so, delete Facebook, since you don't use it to contact others.

If you use facebook for communication, keep it, but throw away your phone right now, put it downstairs/upstairs and read a bible or do something else.

I used to be addicted, but I put limits on my phone use, only using my phone from 13:00 until 19:00. When I wake up I don't use my phone first thing.
ifreakingloveme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jmonay)
Hello , I always talk about this issue on here cause the feed back some times help me. Anyway I’ve been trying to get rid of the habit of not being addicted to social media I deleted/uninstall many apps . Which is skout, WhatsApp , Kik , Snapchat, telegram,Twitter and game apps I deleted too.

For some reason I just can’t delete Facebook and Instagram off my phone it’s like I’m stuck on it . I keep up with people I don’t know personally I always have their page in the search bar to view their page on Facebook . I deleted insta -stalker app and the re downloaded the app . Just to view people Instagram that don’t follow my page . Two people blocked me from viewing their page on Instagram . So I made another Instagram account so I could view the person page on Insta stalker . Also this female pictures I used to use to catfish people . I still look on her page and friends pages . I know who she is because we went to the same school . She doesn’t know who I am . Most of the people pages that I look at I either went to school with them and they don’t know who I am . Some I view from the media . I have a real problem . I’m trying to over come this non sense . I even limit being on the phone . I feel so stuck.. I’m fed up with myself . I always question myself why am I like this . I don’t want to obsess over anyone or be addicted to social media . I guess cause my life is boring I do this . Hate myself
i haven't been on all of my social medias in almost, if not, 2 years. for me, i just woke up one morning and decided i didn't want to go online anymore, but i think you should try reducing the hours you spend on them daily. i don't think the people you keep stalking on there are of any importance to your life.
p.s: you need to find something else you really love doing!!!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don't think that fact you use your phone is the main issue here, what seems to be the issue is what you're using it for. You need to delete Instagram and not use the apps they're dragging you to a very dark place and enabling you to act like a creep, but you can do better than that, this obsessive behaviour might be worth speaking to someone professional about, it's quite troubling.
Jmonay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
ROTL94 yeah I’ve being going to therapy since March last year till now plus I was going to free counseling in the summer for this . I don’t know what else to do I deleted Instagram then I re download the app again. I’m still obsessive over the female I used her picture to catfish in the past . It’s crazy I never thought I would be a creep type of female and I became like this it’s depressing
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jmonay)
ROTL94 yeah I’ve being going to therapy since March last year till now plus I was going to free counseling in the summer for this . I don’t know what else to do I deleted Instagram then I re download the app again. I’m still obsessive over the female I used her picture to catfish in the past . It’s crazy I never thought I would be a creep type of female and I became like this it’s depressing
Ah I see shame you've not had much success with the counselling, what you need is a diversion, doing other stuff that you may gain enjoyment from in a healthy way like personal study, or finding another more suitable hobby, you can no matter how much it feels like you can't, dig yourself out of this hole.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads