Are there any positives to brexit

Watch
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It isn't lies!

While member states can act in emergency untill the EU have made a ruling. Which is what slowed down vaccine supply to the EU, which is a problem we didn't have to deal with, which put us ahead in the race to the displeasure of some salty EU officials, which in turn is a benefit of leaving the superiority of EU law.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 4 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
It isn't lies!

While member states can act in emergency untill the EU have made a ruling. Which is what slowed down vaccine supply to the EU, which is a problem we didn't have to deal with, which put us ahead in the race to the displeasure of some salty EU officials, which in turn is a benefit of leaving the superiority of EU law.
You’ve hit lucky essentially.

Who would have thought a virus that didn’t exist at the time of the Brexit vote would become the sole noticeable benefit of leaving the EU. You’ve hit extremely lucky that this is a benefit, and don’t bother playing it down.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
You’ve hit lucky essentially.

Who would have thought a virus that didn’t exist at the time of the Brexit vote would become the sole noticeable benefit of leaving the EU. You’ve hit extremely lucky that this is a benefit, and don’t bother playing it down.
If you think the covid pandemic can be described as luck, then I cant help you. I have said over and over again I voted leave to end the superiority of EU law and here is a example of us using our new found sovereignty to pur benefit.

But... I wish we had not had to, I wish covid didn't exist.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
If you think the covid pandemic can be described as luck, then I cant help you. I have said over and over again I voted leave to end the superiority of EU law and here is a example of us using our new found sovereignty to pur benefit.

But... I wish we had not had to, I wish covid didn't exist.
I agree with your last statement, however one cannot deny this pandemic has helped exemplify the removal from EU law which has been of benefit to the leave campaign. I do believe that in principle you are correct that our current vaccine rollout couldn’t have been achieved if we were still a member. I’m happy to concede that, however it is still blatantly obvious how this have fallen into leaver laps. The endgame will be is this new found power above EU law is worth tanking the economy for, I’d say no, but then you know I’d always pick the economy over anything.
Last edited by imlikeahermit; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%