The Student Room Group

IGCSE Geography Revision

Hi does anyone know an effective way of studying/revising Case Studies in time for May IGCSE Exams??? There are so many I think like 40 case studies to learn?? Also any good ways of revising for geography if I hadn't yet made any notes??

Thank you
Hi I’m in year 11 to and really struggled with case studies as most of the big markers include them. I would recommend Seneca which is free, I also use this for many other subjects to. For case studies I make a mind map on each one and remember 3 facts from each. I honestly don’t learn all of them, after all you need is one for each mini topic (e.g one earthquake case study, one urban sprawl case study).

I hope this helps, I got a 9 in my mock and didn’t learn them all! There are honestly to many to be honest 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Katec050
Hi I’m in year 11 to and really struggled with case studies as most of the big markers include them. I would recommend Seneca which is free, I also use this for many other subjects to. For case studies I make a mind map on each one and remember 3 facts from each. I honestly don’t learn all of them, after all you need is one for each mini topic (e.g one earthquake case study, one urban sprawl case study).

I hope this helps, I got a 9 in my mock and didn’t learn them all! There are honestly to many to be honest 😂

Thanks for replying yes it really helped I've been using seneca for geography too but not very often yh I agree learning 3 facts are enough as there are like soo many btw congrats on ur mock result I mean I didn't revise much atal during the winter break which I really regret right now. I tried to put the exams aside but now I realized that ultimately the exams will come.. by any chance you know any methods of effectively revising as I only have 3 months left till my real IGCSE Exams and pretty much lack the notes/flashcards many ppl have/are making.
Original post by CN5687
Thanks for replying yes it really helped I've been using seneca for geography too but not very often yh I agree learning 3 facts are enough as there are like soo many btw congrats on ur mock result I mean I didn't revise much atal during the winter break which I really regret right now. I tried to put the exams aside but now I realized that ultimately the exams will come.. by any chance you know any methods of effectively revising as I only have 3 months left till my real IGCSE Exams and pretty much lack the notes/flashcards many ppl have/are making.

It is defiantly not to late I promise :smile:. I’m doing AQA geography and highly recommend using summary revision books which you can get online for your exam board. Using these, you can quickly make mind maps without copying out extensive notes. I honestly just recommend focusing on case studies mainly as they are the main 6 and 9 markers. Case studies are the the things that are going to get you marks. The other key thing that can help you revise quickly are practice papers as they will show you concepts you don’t know yet and how to really tackle questions. I used to just go through practice papers and also search up online structure tips for 9 markers as I found it really hard to structure my answers.
I’m sure you will do really well! :smile:
Reply 4
It is defiantly not to late I promise :smile:. I’m doing AQA geography and highly recommend using summary revision books which you can get online for your exam board. Using these, you can quickly make mind maps without copying out extensive notes. I honestly just recommend focusing on case studies mainly as they are the main 6 and 9 markers. Case studies are the the things that are going to get you marks. The other key thing that can help you revise quickly are practice papers as they will show you concepts you don’t know yet and how to really tackle questions. I used to just go through practice papers and also search up online structure tips for 9 markers as I found it really hard to structure my answers.
I’m sure you will do really well! :smile:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. Also I never knew there were 9 markers so thank you for the heads up. I will do thanks again xx
Reply 5

Hi do you have any notes, they would be really helpful I can't find any online

Quick Reply

Latest