The Student Room Group

Red Light camera uk

Hi guys, just looking for advice, last week i got flashed by a red light camera. I did stop at the redlight but was over the white line. I admitted being the drive but now i have had a letter saying its being referred to the magistrates. The light was on red for 14 seconds, i just didnt see the stop line, it was raining and dark and just didnt see it. Any advice or know what happens next. Thanks
Hey! Your post seems to have a few phrases that pertain to traffic lights and/or red light cameras, so I'm here to answer a few common questions that we see on TSR...

Is this a a sensor or a camera?
I can guarantee that if you've attached a photo to this thread, it's NOT a red light camera, but is in fact just a sensor for monitoring traffic.

I think I ran a red light, will I get a fine?
No one can answer this, sorry! You'll need to wait for 14 days to see if a NIP arrives in the post (there's a few exceptions to the rule, but 14 days is the usual guideline). You need to seriously have a long hard think about what you've done and treat this as a big lesson in paying more attention on the roads, regardless of whether you get a fine or not.

What if someone saw me and reports me?
Nothing will come from it. Stop worrying.

This message was posted automatically by the ItsOnlyASensor bot. If you believe this message was posted in error, please PM this account to provide feedback. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest