The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be fed up with your partner

Me and my boyfriend are always arguing and I'm getting fed up he always deals with the arguments by walking out or breaking up with me but then moments later says he wants me back but tells me everything is my folt I try so hard to make him happy and sometime it feels like he doesnt wana be here over a month all her done is stay indoors I asked him if we could go for a walk together to actually spend some time and all I get is a no it just hurts I feel like I'm putting effort in why he just sits about I dont want much but to get out the house he took me out once for a date and all he did was sit on his phone is it normal to feel like I should expect more or do I expect to much of him (btw he doesnt work)
Original post by Animals2011
Me and my boyfriend are always arguing and I'm getting fed up he always deals with the arguments by walking out or breaking up with me but then moments later says he wants me back but tells me everything is my folt I try so hard to make him happy and sometime it feels like he doesnt wana be here over a month all her done is stay indoors I asked him if we could go for a walk together to actually spend some time and all I get is a no it just hurts I feel like I'm putting effort in why he just sits about I dont want much but to get out the house he took me out once for a date and all he did was sit on his phone is it normal to feel like I should expect more or do I expect to much of him (btw he doesnt work)

Sounds like this isn't a good relationship. You shouldn't be "breaking up" every time you have a bit of a spat. You should reconsider whether this is the type of relationship you want and the type of person you want to be with. He sounds childish and not emotionally mature enough to be in a relationship.
Original post by Animals2011

It's normal for people to get fed up of their partner at some point. Most couples have their moments occasionally. But most couples get over it and move forward.
I'd think about if this relationship is for you. He shouldn't be wanting to break up every time you have a disagreement or little argument then get back together. It sounds as if you are trying to put effort into the relationship but he isn't. I'd possible thinking about splitting up.
Agree with both comments here.

If he carries on like this all the time, your nerves will be frazzled.
Reply 4
Guilt tripping, mind games, doesnt want to be around you.. Sounds a little more than just 'fed up'.
He sounds like a catch - not
He's not worth it, move on :wtf:
This relationship has turned toxic.
Its hallmarks are now: negative communication, temper tantrums, attempts at manipulation, threats to breakup, apologies and a vicious cycle that is constantly repeating itself.
Best to dump him, end contact and move on to a happier future. :smile:
Look up something called "gaslighting". It sounds a lot like that's what he's doing to you. I hope you can leave safely <3
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending