airbisonstan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I am an international applicant and I am planning on using all 5 of my choices on LSE. I have backup universities in other countries and other unis in the UK either require a foundation year, are not located in London or don't offer scholarships, hence I am only applying to LSE. I am however, worried because I will be applying to Politics, Politics and History, Politics and IR, Politics and Econ, IR and History and my statement does mention all of them and perhaps this might make me a less competitive applicant. On my PS I included a relevant ec to each subject that I would want to include anyway so I think this is a plus but I would still like to hear your thoughts and advice.

PS: I am applying with A*A*A*A* in History, Religion and Ethics, Foreign Lang (ENG) and Second Foreign Lang (GERMAN). You can also give advice on which ones to pick bc idk which 3 would be the best.
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by airbisonstan)
Hi everyone,

I am an international applicant and I am planning on using all 5 of my choices on LSE. I have backup universities in other countries and other unis in the UK either require a foundation year, are not located in London or don't offer scholarships, hence I am only applying to LSE. I am however, worried because I will be applying to Politics, Politics and History, Politics and IR, Politics and Econ, IR and History and my statement does mention all of them and perhaps this might make me a less competitive applicant. On my PS I included a relevant ec to each subject that I would want to include anyway so I think this is a plus but I would still like to hear your thoughts and advice.

PS: I am applying with A*A*A*A* in History, Religion and Ethics, Foreign Lang (ENG) and Second Foreign Lang (GERMAN). You can also give advice on which ones to pick bc idk which 3 would be the best.
LSE would want you to be focused on one course you apply to so you need to be very focused. If you mention little little about every course they will know and it will become very less competitive because there are a lot other students applying to one course with a fixed choice. The max you should choose is two, I did the same but that’s for a very similar course , not like history IR and another ppe.
But you can’t apply for anything with econ because they need maths at a level which you don’t have. So AQ to the subjects you have, I think BSc Language, culture and society is the best fit for you. But again it depends on you if you really want to study this or something else.
Hope this helps 🙂
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by airbisonstan)
Hi everyone,

We do not recommend that you apply to any more than two courses at LSE. These two programmes should have very closely related content. It will be very difficult to write a well-focused, high quality Personal Statement if you are applying for multiple subject areas/disciplines. Please consult our Personal Statement guidance here.

Please also note that applicants are only eligible to receive a maximum of one offer from LSE per application cycle, irrespective of how many programmes applied for. You should therefore think carefully about the most effective use of your five UCAS choices.

As the poster below has indicated, A level (or equivalent) Mathematics is required for our BSc Politics and Economics programme.
airbisonstan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Legiterspams)
LSE would want you to be focused on one course you apply to so you need to be very focused. If you mention little little about every course they will know and it will become very less competitive because there are a lot other students applying to one course with a fixed choice. The max you should choose is two, I did the same but that’s for a very similar course , not like history IR and another ppe.
But you can’t apply for anything with econ because they need maths at a level which you don’t have. So AQ to the subjects you have, I think BSc Language, culture and society is the best fit for you. But again it depends on you if you really want to study this or something else.
Hope this helps 🙂
Thanks a lot for your advice, I limited my courses to History and Politics. I also only included my A* subjects but I have A on every other subject (our education system is different where we take like 8-9 courses each year).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.48%
Live streaming events (50)
8.68%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (133)
23.09%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.22%