The Student Room Group

‘Doyouthinkteachersneedtobevac cinatedbeforestudentsareallowedt ogobacktoschoolinUK?’

Hello TSRians,

Do you think teachers need to be vaccinated before students are allowed to go back to school in UK?

Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
(edited 3 years ago)
Why is your title so weird.

And, nope.
But they should have the option if they want it.
Some people can't get vaccinated straight away, e.g. if you've had covid already, you're supposed to wait 1 month before getting vaccinated.
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
Why is your title so weird.

And, nope.
But they should have the option if they want it.
Some people can't get vaccinated straight away, e.g. if you've had covid already, you're supposed to wait 1 month before getting vaccinated.

There is an 85 character rule when you make a new thread and I went over it when I put the spaces in so I had to take the spaces out to go under it again.

People who had COVID-19 don’t really need a vaccine as they have antibodies for the first 5 months and then they have T-cell lymphocytes or killer cells immunity for at least the next 17 years.

So, your answer is No, but they should have the option if they want to.

Remember, they are more at risk than students because they are older. They are aged between 22 and 65 or maybe even older depending on when they retire.

Does this change your answer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Will I be awarded if I said I read your title fluently?
I was expecting a dodgy thread with that title
Original post by Vegito
Will I be awarded if I said I read your title fluently?

Yes, you will be.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
I was expecting a dodgy thread with that title

I understand the main problem though was the 85 character rule or limit when you make a new thread. I went over it when I put the spaces in so I had to take out the spaces to go under it again.
Original post by mjhmichael18
Yes, you will be.

Thanks bud. Best thing I heard all day. 🥲
Hello TSRians,

Do you think teachers need to be vaccinated before students are allowed to go back to school in UK?

And the award for the longest title on TSR goes to Michael.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
And the award for the longest title on TSR goes to Micheal.

Spoiler

The trouble though was I couldn’t really shorten it and there is an 85 character rule when you make a new thread. I went over it when I put the spaces in so I had to take the spaces out to go under it again.
The trouble though was I couldn’t really shorten it and there is an 85 character rule when you make a new thread. I went over it when I put the spaces in so I had to take the spaces out to go under it again.

Sir, you don’t need to write the full title. You can write a short title such as do teachers need to be vaccinated before students? Then explain it in the box provided.

Hope that helps. 😊
No.
Sir, you don’t need to write the full title. You can write a short title such as do teachers need to be vaccinated before students? Then explain it in the box provided.

Hope that helps. 😊

It does help thank you but I don’t know how to change it now it has been posted.

I only know one solution and that is I need to make a post that breaks the TSR rules so that the moderators can delete it and make a new thread.

So, how do you change a thread title after it has been posted?
(edited 3 years ago)
It does help thank you but I don’t know how to change it now it has been posted.

I only know one solution and that is I need to make a post that breaks the TSR rules so that the moderators can delete it and make a new thread.

So, how do you change a thread title after it has been posted?

Press on edit on your original post. Then there should be a box on top you can edit.
Hello TSRians,

Hello TSRians,

No no no. Go back to the top, where it says edit your post and there should be a box there to edit your title.

@Queen Elizabeth could you please help OP out please? Thank you 😊
No no no. Go back to the top, where it says edit your post and there should be a box there to edit your title.

@Queen Elizabeth could you please help OP out please? Thank you 😊

Yeah, it keeps bringing up 320EF627-12D3-4842-8372-D734DC5F63D0.jpg.jpeg this but the box doesn’t seem to come up very easily.
Yeah, it keeps bringing up 320EF627-12D3-4842-8372-D734DC5F63D0.jpg.jpeg this but the box doesn’t seem to come up very easily.

You got the first part, but on top there should be a box where your long title is.
There is an 85 character rule when you make a new thread and I went over it when I put the spaces in so I had to take the spaces out to go under it again.

People who had COVID-19 don’t really need a vaccine as they have antibodies for the first 5 months and then they have T-cell lymphocytes or killer cells immunity for at least the next 17 years.

So, your answer is No, but they should have the option if they want to.

Remember, they are more at risk than students because they are older. They are aged between 22 and 65 or maybe even older depending on when they retire.

Does this change your answer?

My answer would still be No.
I think because I work in the NHS, my view is skewed by that. Since a lot of healthcare staff haven't been vaccinated but they still need to go back to work.
So I don't get why teachers would need to be vaccinated then.

But again, I'm sure teachers can make an informed choice for themselves and get the vaccine if they want to. Also, I do think they should get vaccine priority over other groups and esp. over people who can continue to work from home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending