The Student Room Group

favorite anime / anime recommendations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Chenny-
watch classroom of the elite!

what genre

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Mostly action and mystery, something with a good plot. Noragami definitely fits that description, and I'd also love another series!

i've recently finished all 5 seasons of food wars please give some recommendations
not love is war pleasee- soo boring
much appreciteddd
Reply 61
If you want something that is emotionally intense, March comes in like a Lion and Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin. They are some of the best anime I have ever watched, hands down. Also Re:Zero and Re:Life and Welcome to the NHK. Erased is also brilliant.

If you love action, then Attack on Titan, Naruto, Dragon ball, My Hero Academia, Bleach, Demon Slayer, Hunter X Hunter, are all brilliant. Reincarnated as a slime is also brilliant.

If you want something romance~y, then Toradora and Golden Time are nice.

If you want betrayed main character, then The King's Avatar is really solid.

If you want comedy, Gintama is great.

If you want something psychological, Death Note and Psycho Pass are magnificent.

If you ask for my favourite anime of all time: Code Geass, March comes in like a Lion and Rainbow: nisha rokubo no Shichinin.

If you want movies, then my favourites are "I want to eat your pancreas" and "A silent voice", I do prefer the latter over the former but they're both great. Wolf Children is also great.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ipsabhatt
i've recently finished all 5 seasons of food wars please give some recommendations
much appreciteddd

I wouldn't recommend Love is War based on a shounen food tournament anime anyway. :laugh: Shows more similar to Food Wars would be:

Yakitate!! Japan - closest match in terms of theme and style.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti - gag comedy with food reactions.

Dr. Stone - non-action based shounen series, but with a focus on science rather than food.
(edited 3 years ago)
Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-a-Girlfriend) is really good imo
Original post by theoneyoulove

trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZFEtc3CKHs
Original post by theoneyoulove

does it have more than one season?

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I wouldn't recommend Love is War based on a shounen food tournament anime anyway. :laugh: Shows more similar to Food Wars would be:

Yakitate!! Japan - closest match in terms of theme and style.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti - gag comedy with food reactions.

Dr. Stone - non-action based shounen series, but with a focus on science rather than food.

thank you I shall deffo check them out
i usually love romance anime or any shoujo stuff but i don't know why i dislike love is war so much
does it have more than one season?

its a romance . theres one season only out rn but season 2 is to come out...
Reply 67
Manga is also brilliant, don't knock it till you try it. :smile:

Solo Levelling, B*astard, Re:Monster, most of their names are Japanese / Chinese / Korean though so I don't remember em :tongue:
what genre

much appreciteddd

classroom of the elite is basically about a group of students that attend this prestigious school that has like a 100% employment rate or something. The students are in Class D which is the lowest rank yet they still get 100,000 yen to spend each month around the school and the school is literally like a city , so it seems like a really idyllic life living there but i aint gonna spoil what happens , I cant really put a genre on it but if i have to say then its psychological/drama/slice of life

probably did an awful job explaining it :biggrin:
Reply 69
Kimetsu no yaiba is amazing. Give it a go :biggrin:

Few other animes I personally like:

Blast of tempest
Code Geass
Death Note
Tokyo Ghoul
Assassination Classroom
AOT
Darwin's Game - it's really good!
Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu (funny and weird lol)
The seven deadly sins
Fullmetal alchemist

and

Interspecies Reviewers :colone:
Original post by readyplayer2wo
What's everyones favourite anime and what's it about? I need new shows to watch lol.

promised neverland is my top choice I think. yall probs already know what its about its not rly unknown lol

You should try Violet Evergarden <3
Reply 71
What's everyones favourite anime and what's it about? I need new shows to watch lol.

promised neverland is my top choice I think. yall probs already know what its about its not rly unknown lol

Attack on titans, Haikyuu, Death Note, Kuroko's Basketball
Not anime, a manga but blue period! It is getting an anime this year though (so excited) and Shadows House (which is the same, anime coming in April iirc) Also reccomend Wolf Children and haikyuu!

Question though first, what genre do you like specifically? Romance? Action? Fantasy?
Original post by KaitlynJ
Question though first, what genre do you like specifically? Romance? Action? Fantasy?

probs dark fantasy, some psychological thrillers and then slice of life ones too. but tbh ill watch anything if its good
probs dark fantasy, some psychological thrillers and then slice of life ones too. but tbh ill watch anything if its good

Definitely try shadows house then, it’s kind of all three!

if you're into psychological thrillers , i would definitely check out an anime called 'Monster' , its 74 episodes with no filler
Reply 77
if you're into psychological thrillers , i would definitely check out an anime called 'Monster' , its 74 episodes with no filler

I second Monster! It's so good, one of my fave shows and pretty unique in terms of plot
Reply 78

If you like psychological thrillers, higurashi no naku koro ni is pretty good. I haven't watched the 2020 remake/sequel but the OG series is a fun watch
Reply 79
Original post by mt_zz
I second Monster! It's so good, one of my fave shows and pretty unique in terms of plot

hmmmm
Now I have to add it to my watch list ;>

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending