The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer

I got an unconditional offer at a uni earlier. Is that a really big thing? I’m worried I only got it cuz of my mental health, I didn’t know unis count having a mental health condition as a disability
They’ll only give unconditionals if you already meet the requirements, are predicted to exceed them or you wrote a bloody good personal statement.

They wouldn’t give an unconditional based on mental health as it’s almost counter intuitive since it doesn’t improve how you would perform, or make you stand out above other students.

Basically don’t worry. You got that offer based on your merits and bc the lecturers truly believe that you will do well with them.
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
They’ll only give unconditionals if you already meet the requirements, are predicted to exceed them or you wrote a bloody good personal statement.

They wouldn’t give an unconditional based on mental health as it’s almost counter intuitive since it doesn’t improve how you would perform, or make you stand out above other students.

Basically don’t worry. You got that offer based on your merits and bc the lecturers truly believe that you will do well with them.

Awwh thank you. I was worried since when I checked the criteria it said students having a disability and I really didn’t want to get one only cuz of that
It depends on the uni. If it's a poly or not a Russel Group uni then they do give out unconditionals usually to try and boost their numbers. However, to get into a Russel Group uni you have to have already gotten the grades to get an unconditional offer - essentially a unconditional offer because you've already met the conditions.
Original post by SirNoodles
It depends on the uni. If it's a poly or not a Russel Group uni then they do give out unconditionals usually to try and boost their numbers. However, to get into a Russel Group uni you have to have already gotten the grades to get an unconditional offer - essentially a unconditional offer because you've already met the conditions.

Ohh the uni I’m referring to is ARU

Quick Reply

Latest