what do you think will I get to do my courses in sixth form

Watch
yunus404
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello there i am so stressed that my gcse results wouldn't meet their requirements. i chose a level economics business and maths which most sixth form require grade 6 in English language grade 7 in maths and 5 gcse at grade 5 and above. I don't know what has happened to me but ever since my predicted grades were at
English language 4
English literature 5
maths 7
biology 6
chemistry 6
physics 4*
geography 4
computer science 7
Spanish 8*
I am starting to panic as teachers said they must near at those numbers that some non gcse related test we have done and it must be based around those. I really do want to get into sixth form but its those that are freaking me out. I know literally 10 to 20 people doing a level subject that beyond their ability. they literally get 3s 4s and possibly 5s and they are so confident but for my grades I am so stressed that I might not get those grades. i don't mind redoing them if they are bad . but what if all sixth form reject.I will try my utmost in getting those grades. so please do suggest whether you would think that I will get into sixth form. at the moment I have been given 3 conditional offers and it seems I can't get lenientcy out of them. also I chose 4 sixth form with only 6 gcse with 5+ including English and 7 in maths which is quite low so I might get into those with my predicted grade close to entry requirements.
Jess.zdan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by yunus404)
Hello there i am so stressed that my gcse results wouldn't meet their requirements. i chose a level economics business and maths which most sixth form require grade 6 in English language grade 7 in maths and 5 gcse at grade 5 and above. I don't know what has happened to me but ever since my predicted grades were at
English language 4
English literature 5
maths 7
biology 6
chemistry 6
physics 4*
geography 4
computer science 7
Spanish 8*
I am starting to panic as teachers said they must near at those numbers that some non gcse related test we have done and it must be based around those. I really do want to get into sixth form but its those that are freaking me out. I know literally 10 to 20 people doing a level subject that beyond their ability. they literally get 3s 4s and possibly 5s and they are so confident but for my grades I am so stressed that I might not get those grades. i don't mind redoing them if they are bad . but what if all sixth form reject.I will try my utmost in getting those grades. so please do suggest whether you would think that I will get into sixth form. at the moment I have been given 3 conditional offers and it seems I can't get lenientcy out of them. also I chose 4 sixth form with only 6 gcse with 5+ including English and 7 in maths which is quite low so I might get into those with my predicted grade close to entry requirements.
Hi, I know people who got into their chosen a level courses such as law without even passing English ( the requirement was a 5 in English) so it really depends on how much the sixth form know about you and your commitment. I do think you’ll easily get into the courses you’ve chosen. If it was my sixth form you for sure would! Just keep trying your best but look after your mental health and don’t stress too much
yunus404
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Jess.zdan)
Hi, I know people who got into their chosen a level courses such as law without even passing English ( the requirement was a 5 in English) so it really depends on how much the sixth form know about you and your commitment. I do think you’ll easily get into the courses you’ve chosen. If it was my sixth form you for sure would! Just keep trying your best but look after your mental health and don’t stress too much
hey if you live in south east london i could possibly apply for your sixth form.
Jess.zdan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by yunus404)
hey if you live in south east london i could possibly apply for your sixth form.
I live in Essex, not that far from south east London but probably too far for everyday commute. Sorry
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6872128
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6871698
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6857846
Consider it a heads up.
Last edited by glassalice; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (48)
28.92%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.43%
No I am happy with my choice (92)
55.42%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.23%

Watched Threads