Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I live about 40 mins from Exeter Uni. I would really like to go there, they have the course I like, it’s a nice city and a good uni. But I’m worried that it’s too close to home, I would live in halls but I feel like I would miss out by not moving further away. Any opinions?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which subject are you hoping to read?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I’d say go somewhere further out especially if your gonna move to halls more point of justifying rent money
User198786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lscanlon)
Sociology with Spanish.
Umm you forgot to post anonymously
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lscanlon)
Sociology with Spanish.
Hmm

That's a combination with fewer choices than I expected to see when I just looked it up.

I was going to suggest one of the constituent colleges of the University of London as I thought that this would give you the chance to be in London and linked in to so much that is Spanish, but I couldn't see a course which offered those two subjects in London.

Exeter is a good University and also a nice place.

Where else is on your list?
bunnyrabbit2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would someone move far away from home to go to university? What is there to see or do that you can't see or do close to home? Also how likely of a combination is Sociology and Spanish? Do you actually think you will get a job with that combination?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Anonymous
I was in a similar position to you, my university wasn’t extremely far from my home town. Personally I didn’t find it too bad because at my university I felt as if I was in my own bubble so even though it wasn’t ages from home it still felt like a different world especially due to the campus. That being said there are also benefits of going to a uni not far away- I’ve found it’s easier and cheaper to commute home and see friends/ family than my friends whose home town was hours away from their unis.
So from my experience it hasn’t been too bad moving to a uni not far away !
Good look with your decision
Lancaster university student ambassador
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I was you I would definitely go to Exeter. Its a great campus uni similar to York or Reading.

Maybe 40 mins away is a good distance? You don't want to be too far away, you'll have the opportunity to bounce between home an uni which is useful as an undergrad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (38)
25.17%
Unhappy (42)
27.81%
Conflicted (71)
47.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed