Accused of cheating my way into oxford.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So as part of some therapy I am doing with my therapist we are looking at past traumas. One of my traumas is that an oxford tutor once slammed a door in my face. She hated me and was perhaps racist (i’m ethnic minority). On another occasion the same tutor accused me of faking/cheating my way into oxford. I am still traumatised by these incidents and the mental health people telling me to leave if i’m not good enough! What a horrible experience!

Anyhow my retort to oxford is this: if two interviews, and an entry exam aren’t enough to catch my fakery out, then you selection process isn’t fit for purpose!

Hopefully with my therapy I will get over these past traumas and be able to move on. I feel hard done by and badly treated by Oxford and I really wish I didn’t even apply. It has left me a shadow of my former self. I’m still struggling, 14 years after dropping out.
JP2000!!!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So as part of some therapy I am doing with my therapist we are looking at past traumas. One of my traumas is that an oxford tutor once slammed a door in my face. She hated me and was perhaps racist (i’m ethnic minority). On another occasion the same tutor accused me of faking/cheating my way into oxford. I am still traumatised by these incidents and the mental health people telling me to leave if i’m not good enough! What a horrible experience!

Anyhow my retort to oxford is this: if two interviews, and an entry exam aren’t enough to catch my fakery out, then you selection process isn’t fit for purpose!

Hopefully with my therapy I will get over these past traumas and be able to move on. I feel hard done by and badly treated by Oxford and I really wish I didn’t even apply. It has left me a shadow of my former self. I’m still struggling, 14 years after dropping out.
Nah that tutor is a prick
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Unsure why you've randomly posted unsubstantiated claims of racism against a university
If it helps you deal with whatever is in your head fine but you have to realise the harm posting nonsense like this on here does to universities and also BAME applicants who may then be put off applying - further creating the statistics of BAME at Oxbridge.

Launch an official complaint or just keep this between you and your therapist.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you find having a door slammed in your face traumatic, you must have a really privileged life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JP2000!!!)
Nah that tutor is a prick
Agreed. For all those saying I am a troll, that’s not true. Why would I make up something so specific?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Agreed. For all those saying I am a troll, that’s not true. Why would I make up something so specific?
People have assumed that you are a troll as there is no point to this thread- you aren't asking a question. Rather you are making unsubstantiated claims of racism based on two non-incidents.

You are also claiming that these two non-incidents traumatised you and have caused you to suffer for 14 years.

This thread is similar in style and content to several other troll threads and you are using the anonymous function.

And if you aren't trolling I would question the intentions and/or the proficiency of your therapist.
Last edited by glassalice; 4 weeks ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can’t imagine an Oxford tutor doing this even if they felt a student was not up to par with the cohort.
University tutors want their students to do as well as possible, their students are a reflection on them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
I can’t imagine an Oxford tutor doing this even if they felt a student was not up to par with the cohort.
University tutors want their students to do as well as possible, their students are a reflection on them.
Well I must have been unlucky then. The one I had was like ms trumchbull from the film matilda, no exaggeration.
JP2000!!!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I must have been unlucky then. The one I had was like ms trumchbull from the film matilda, no exaggeration.
Give your story to some journalist or post a video about it or something idk - give it some publicity and the institution will be forced to take notice
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
that is some harsh treatment, these liberals harbour a lot of ill will under the surface
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope that you're dealing with the root cause of your issues, it sounds like something else must've been going on for a fairly long time (perhaps from childhood) if this has been the outcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (244)
51.48%
No (230)
48.52%

Watched Threads