The Student Room Group

Wanting to break up during lockdown

I’ve been dating my partner for a couple of years now. We live in a shared uni house with some friends.We’re both back at home now and won’t be living together at uni until this lockdown ends.
I’d been thinking that this relationship isn’t going anywhere, but during this lockdown I haven’t missed them at all. I don’t picture them in my future and as much as I care about them I don’t feel anything more. I’ve finally decided it would be best to end it before things get messier as we’re starting to bicker more. Although part of me is concerned that it’s just the long distance lockdown stuff causing us to drift apart.
Would it better for me to wait for the end of the tenancy (July) or bite the bullet now and break up with them over the phone and then have to deal with the awkwardness of living with them after?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been dating my partner for a couple of years now. We live in a shared uni house with some friends.We’re both back at home now and won’t be living together at uni until this lockdown ends.
I’d been thinking that this relationship isn’t going anywhere, but during this lockdown I haven’t missed them at all. I don’t picture them in my future and as much as I care about them I don’t feel anything more. I’ve finally decided it would be best to end it before things get messier as we’re starting to bicker more. Although part of me is concerned that it’s just the long distance lockdown stuff causing us to drift apart.
Would it better for me to wait for the end of the tenancy (July) or bite the bullet now and break up with them over the phone and then have to deal with the awkwardness of living with them after?

Wait until the tenancy if you can.

I say this purely because it will hurt both of you more if he is angry towards you when you’re stuck together in isolation and you could end up hurting him more that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending