The Student Room Group

Can Anyone Else Relate To This?

So, obviously, a lot of teenagers struggle with self-esteem and body confidence, including myself.
However, now at 17 years, I do finally feel happy in how my face and body look. I have flaws and I don't look perfect but I think as a general package, I look quite good, better than average, and I am confident in my appearance.
The problem is that even though I myself feel attractive, no one else reciprocates this. No one calls me ugly but I know, based on how people treat me and react to me, that I'm not considered attractive to many people.
This just makes me feel paranoid and delusional because I'm so used to everyone being the opposite of how I feel. Can anyone else relate to this feeling or am I really just delusional?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So, obviously, a lot of teenagers struggle with self-esteem and body confidence, including myself.
However, now at 17 years, I do finally feel happy in how my face and body look. I have flaws and I don't look perfect but I think as a general package, I look quite good, better than average, and I am confident in my appearance.
The problem is that even though I myself feel attractive, no one else reciprocates this. No one calls me ugly but I know, based on how people treat me and react to me, that I'm not considered attractive to many people.
This just makes me feel paranoid and delusional because I'm so used to everyone being the opposite of how I feel. Can anyone else relate to this feeling or am I really just delusional?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to much thinking for my brain
Reply 2
How are people treating you? Which people are you referring to?

A big part of attractiveness is personality, so if you are underconfident or expecting people to not treat you well, it will come out in their reaction to you. It's not to do with your looks.
Yeah i hate how everyone calls me pretty just to make me feel better about my face, my body however although im shaped like a rectangle (no curves whatsoever) for some reason im not insecure about it so i guess thats a good thing.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
How are people treating you? Which people are you referring to?

A big part of attractiveness is personality, so if you are underconfident or expecting people to not treat you well, it will come out in their reaction to you. It's not to do with your looks.

Even worse, when you are under-confident and they say you're attractive out of pity...:colonhash:
Reply 5
As long as you consider yourself beautiful/handsome and you’re not boasting about it, you’re good to go. Other opinions about you and how you look, they don’t matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending