Are you a smoker? If so I'd like your help, please

Watch
Wolfbangenoff
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good Morning

I've never understood why almost every smoker I've ever noted in a vehicle that is smoking and has the window open, even in the rain. The window is not fully open usually but open it is.

Then when most smokers smoke when at home they go outside to do this.

Why not smoke in your flat, bedroom and close the windows?
Why not close the windows in your vehicle and enjoy even more of the smoke.

The vast majority of smokers I've seen in cars will throw out their used cigarette which is dangerous as it can fall into other cars as it did into ours once or cause grass fires at the height of dry summers.

People that live in flats are blighted by the dangerous smoke and stench in their corridors from smokers flats and non smokers can't even keep their windows open.

Why are so many smokers so selfish??
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You open the window in the car so you can tap the ash out. I smoke at home without opening the windows because I have an ashtray.

:ms:
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wolfbangenoff)
Good Morning

I've never understood why almost every smoker I've ever noted in a vehicle that is smoking and has the window open, even in the rain. The window is not fully open usually but open it is.

The vast majority of smokers I've seen in cars will throw out their used cigarette which is dangerous as it can fall into other cars as it did into ours once or cause grass fires at the height of dry summers.

People that live in flats are blighted by the dangerous smoke and stench in their corridors from smokers flats and non smokers can't even keep their windows open.

Smoke can damage the property, as I hear.
Last edited by RedGiant; 1 month ago
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You open the window in the car so you can tap the ash out. I smoke at home without opening the windows because I have an ashtray.

:ms:
Thank you. Most old cars have an ashtray when not stick something in your vhicle so you can keep your windows closed.
I hope you keep your windows closed at home as well.

The downside of that is your clothes start to stink badly. I recall one staff at work being told to hand their coat away from others who were allergic to the smell as are most that suffer from breathing problems

Thank you again, appreciated.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. Most old cars have an ashtray when not stick something in your vhicle so you can keep your windows closed.
I hope you keep your windows closed at home as well.

The downside of that is your clothes start to stink badly. I recall one staff at work being told to hand their coat away from others who were allergic to the smell as are most that suffer from breathing problems

Thank you again, appreciated.
Allergic to the smell? Do you work with snowflakes?
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
Allergic to the smell? Do you work with snowflakes?
It's just not me that is allegic to stench of cigs, wet dog smells, cat wee smells, etc millions are.
xandra_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they are a dying breed, literally...sorry
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's just not me that is allegic to stench of cigs, wet dog smells, cat wee smells, etc millions are.
Allergic and dislike are very different.
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
Allergic and dislike are very different.
If it wants to make one want to vomit, than that is an allergy. Why should people put up with the stench of cogs, etc.

To anyone else reading this, if you smoke, please get the full enjoyment and enclose yourself in a room, vehicle and CLOSE ALL WINDOWS and then at least spray yourself to remove some of the stench and when you get home, have a bath/shower an clean clothes as I for one do not want that stench.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it wants to make one want to vomit, than that is an allergy. Why should people put up with the stench of cogs, etc.

To anyone else reading this, if you smoke, please get the full enjoyment and enclose yourself in a room, vehicle and CLOSE ALL WINDOWS and then at least spray yourself to remove some of the stench and when you get home, have a bath/shower an clean clothes as I for one do not want that stench.
That is not what allergy means :facepalm2:

I for one will not comply with your silly demands.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm assuming you're just having a weird rant?

I open the window in the car as it's a far smaller space and quickly fills with smoke which would be a distraction.

In a building there is simply far more space and I don't have the same concern over distraction, I'd have my windows open or closed for the same reasons as anyone else.
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)

I open the window in the car as it's a far smaller space and quickly fills with smoke which would be a distraction.

In a building there is simply far more space and I don't have the same concern over distraction, I'd have my windows open or closed for the same reasons as anyone else.
Then why smoke in a car/vehicle?? You are not allowed to eat when driving as you can be charged with driving 'without due care and attention.' Yet, having a lighted object in one hand and driving when the fag end could drop in your laps is very dangerous and for political reasons the gov has not banned this. How can trying to smoke driving with one hand be safe?? About time they banned smoking when driving
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Yet another weird rant.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then why smoke in a car/vehicle?? You are not allowed to eat when driving as you can be charged with driving 'without due care and attention.' Yet, having a lighted object in one hand and driving when the fag end could drop in your laps is very dangerous and for political reasons the gov has not banned this. How can trying to smoke driving with one hand be safe?? About time they banned smoking when driving
*shrug* Why smoke anywhere? accepting i'm already daft enough to smoke why wouldn't I smoke in the car? Personally I'm a show off as I can just put the cars roof down altogether. (It's also automatic with power steering, it's entirely safe to drive with one hand in sensible circumstances)

Claiming it's 'very dangerous' is emotive and open to dispute. compared to what exactly? The human hand has 4 fingers and a thumb, I feel quite capable lightly gripping 2 things at once. Frankly if someone was smoking in such a manner as to cause themselves obvious distraction I wouldn't complain at the police stopping them.
Tw1x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Allergy;
a damaging immune response by the body to a substance, especially a particular food, pollen, fur, or dust, to which it has become hypersensitive.
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tw1x)
Allergy;
a damaging immune response by the body to a substance, especially a particular food, pollen, fur, or dust, to which it has become hypersensitive.
Bottom line. Please keep the smell to yourself as they are disgusting and make me and millions of others sick.
Wolfbangenoff
Rep:
?
*shrug* Why smoke anywhere? accepting i'm already daft enough to smoke why wouldn't I smoke in the car? Personally I'm a show off as I can just put the cars roof down altogether. (It's also automatic with power steering, it's entirely safe to drive with one hand in sensible circumstances)

Claiming it's 'very dangerous' is emotive and open to dispute. compared to what exactly? The human hand has 4 fingers and a thumb, I feel quite capable lightly gripping 2 things at once. Frankly if someone was smoking in such a manner as to cause themselves obvious distraction I wouldn't complain at the police stopping them.
Incredible. Just becuse the gov has not yet banned it like it took them time to ban mobiles when driving then texting/etc and before that seat belts for front passengers and years latter for people in the rear - does not and never will make driving and smoking safe.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good Morning

because they may have kids that are asthmatic and dont want to harm then so they open their windows or go outside.
Tw1x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bottom line. Please keep the smell to yourself as they are disgusting and make me and millions of others sick.
Me? Where did I say I smoked exactly?
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good Morning

A car full of smoke is dangerous and unpleasant.

Smoke also damages the property. I should also add that second hand smoke is no where as near as dangerous as it's made out be - especially if the area is well ventilated.

https://slate.com/technology/2017/02...e-thought.html

Also, it's rich when non-smokers call smokers selfish. Society has no problem adding ridiculous duties to cigarettes' and raking in money multiples times what smokers actually cost society. No one points out the selfishness in profiteering from an addiction.
Last edited by Gaddafi; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise