The Student Room Group

Are you a smoker? If so I'd like your help, please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
If it wants to make one want to vomit, than that is an allergy.

No, it isn't.
Original post by DiddyDec
Allergic to the smell? Do you work with snowflakes?

:frown: How about the days when about just everything either stank of fag smoke ( top decks of buses, the ceilings almost brown, pub curtains and offices reeked of it etc.), creosote or disinfectant?
I'm a nonsmoker by the way, having seen what it does to people. I remember my late Father a smoker himself, telling me they were given cigs during the war to steady their nerves. Incidentally he gave it up virtually overnight when he retired and his health improved dramatically : that took some willpower having smoked since his teens.
I for one have no desire for returning to pubs or public places where it felt like being in a smog.
If people wish, as we are free agents to a lesser or greater degree, to smoke outside in such a way as does not cause issues to others or non smokers that's fine by me.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by StriderHort
I believe all of this without question.

Good as too many people and these clowns I mentioned though they could steal other peoples hard earned cash. It is stealing by knowingly not paying your rent and living the good life, I just wished others do what we did and teach the clowns a lesson ie what they owned us and massive costs on top,
Original post by Bio 7
No, it isn't.

Bottom line friend, if it makes me want to vomit and not other, then it is an allergy to me and that is a massive fact.
Original post by UnclePete
:frown: How about the days when just everything either stank of fag smoke ( top decks of buses, the ceilings almost brown, pub curtains and offices reeked of it etc.), creosote or disinfectant?
I'm a nonsmoker by the way, having seen what it does to people. I remember my late Father a smoker himself, telling me they were given cigs during the war to steady their nerves. Incidentally he gave it up virtually overnight when he retired and his health improved dramatically : that took some willpower having smoked since his teens.
I for one have no desire for returning to pubs or public places where it felt like being in a smog.
If people wish, as we are free agents to a lesser or greater degree, to smoke outside in such a way as does not cause issues to others or non smokers that's fine by me.

Thank you.
Good post but I am praying that our dangerously incompetent gov ban smoking in all public places . The clown that leads Scotland is considering that, credit to her.
Reply 45
Bottom line friend, if it makes me want to vomit and not other, then it is an allergy to me and that is a massive fact.

You have no idea what allergy means.
I thought smoking was now banned? I haven't seen them sold in the shops in ages.
Original post by The Bad Doctor
I thought smoking was now banned? I haven't seen them sold in the shops in ages.

Probably because they are now hidden behind screens as not to tempt children with their lavish brown packaging.
Probably because they are now hidden behind screens as not to tempt children with their lavish brown packaging.

In the past children used to smoke and there was no need for concern, why is it different now? Obviously it causes diseases such as cancer, but if parents never had a problem with it centuries ago, why have they now?

That is not a joke.
Original post by Anonymous
In the past children used to smoke and there was no need for concern, why is it different now? Obviously it causes diseases such as cancer, but if parents never had a problem with it centuries ago, why have they now?

That is not a joke.

It the past they put asbestos in cigarettes, hospitals and schools. Do you want to go back to that as well?
It the past they put asbestos in cigarettes, hospitals and schools. Do you want to go back to that as well?

Obviously not, I'm just saying that some things were better in the past than they are today, smoking and drinking excluded.
It should have read 5k inc costs ie cost them 4k to bring it back to the same level. They are top end landlords to that property but I guess you do not know what that is judging by yout comments.
Only one "parrot" here and that is not me.
Ignorance can cost you dearly and judging by your namesake, his smoking gun did him no favours :biggrin: :biggrin:
It should have read 5k inc costs ie cost them 4k to bring it back to the same level. They are top end landlords to that property but I guess you do not know what that is judging by yout comments.

They sound like the sort of landlords that try to rob your whole deposit for scuffed skirting boards.
They sound like the sort of landlords that try to rob your whole deposit for scuffed skirting boards.

As I thought you are a renter.

Judging by the accusation you have just made, at best you are ignorant as otherwise you would have not said that as its very nasty and malcious.

FYI, the family I was referring to use letting agents and if you knew anything about that, letting agents act independently and the case went to adjudicator I think what they are called, ie when renter and landlord cannot agree and outcome and damaged were awarded to my family that rent out the property. The renters refused to pay, they were given a year, taken to court etc but still refused to pay then eventually the bailiffs made good

Please withdraw your uncalled for comments and you have no reason not to as I've addressed your ignorance in this post.

Thank you.
Stinks up your car seats / yellows your gloss in your house. Same reason some might not smoke while wearing fur, makes it all stinky for the day. Plus unlike weed, inhaling back in your already exhaled smoke wont get you more nicotine, at least not enough that it's worth doing. So many smokers probably don't care because of convenience, better for them to smoke with the window closed in their flat and stay warm than it is to go outside / open their window and be cold.
If it wants to make one want to vomit, than that is an allergy. Why should people put up with the stench of cogs, etc.

To anyone else reading this, if you smoke, please get the full enjoyment and enclose yourself in a room, vehicle and CLOSE ALL WINDOWS and then at least spray yourself to remove some of the stench and when you get home, have a bath/shower an clean clothes as I for one do not want that stench.

Lots of things/people make me want to vomit , I’m not allergic to them just don’t particularly like them . Like had already been said allergy and dislike are two very different things . I have a counter question why are so many none smokers so judgemental?
Original post by V℮rsions
Stinks up your car seats / yellows your gloss in your house. Same reason some might not smoke while wearing fur, makes it all stinky for the day. Plus unlike weed, inhaling back in your already exhaled smoke wont get you more nicotine, at least not enough that it's worth doing. So many smokers probably don't care because of convenience, better for them to smoke with the window closed in their flat and stay warm than it is to go outside / open their window and be cold.

Thank you for a factual post.
:smile: :smile:
Original post by Trish111122
Lots of things/people make me want to vomit , I’m not allergic to them just don’t particularly like them . Like had already been said allergy and dislike are two very different things . I have a counter question why are so many none smokers so judgemental?

What part of my statement did you not comprehend?? The stench of cig smoke on peoples clothes and those long, brown thin cigs not sure what they are called I think smell like dog mess and make me want to throw up. It is an allergy and cigar stench smell like dogs poo poo make me run away but I dont heave want to throw up.

Thank you.
Thank you for a factual post.
:smile: :smile:

no worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending