The Student Room Group

Biology or Further Pure mathematics in A level

I'm studying Biology at IGCSE. However, I don't want to take Biology in IAL because I hate Biology and IAL Biology syllabus is very long and difficult which hampers all subjects' grades and also I don't want to be a doctor but my father wants me to be a doctor. I want to study Mathematics B, Physics, Chemistry and Further Pure Mathematics (I love Mathematics). Will I be eligible to sit for Bangladesh medical admission tests without Biology in IAL( though I have Biology in IGCSE)?
(edited 3 years ago)
Im not too sure about the requiremnts in bangaldesh but if u really enjoy maths then u need to convince them or ask a teacher to talk to them. But isn't further pure maths gonna get really complicated compared to standard biology... if u r ready to take an advanced and highly complicated level of maths then go for it. what is it you hate about biology?the exam style? you can keep doing questions and get better.
Yoi don't want to do medicine but they force you?
Yes. To be honest, in our school no one gets good grades in IAL Biology and I hate it because it's too much memorising and the syllabus is also too long and difficult. There's too much to study which might hamper other subjects' results ( giving time to other subjects might be difficult)
Original post by Tameema Nawar
I'm studying Biology at IGCSE. However, I don't want to take Biology in IAL because I hate Biology and IAL Biology syllabus is very long and difficult which hampers all subjects' grades and also I don't want to be a doctor but my father wants me to be a doctor. I want to study Mathematics B, Physics, Chemistry and Further Pure Mathematics (I love Mathematics). Will I be eligible to sit for Bangladesh medical admission tests without Biology in IAL( though I have Biology in IGCSE)?

if you don't want to do medicine don't do medicine - you will hate it. same goes for any other degree. it'll just leave you unhappy.
regarding whether you need the IAL biology from a quick skim of https://www.mbbsinbangladesh.in/eligibility-criteria/ i think you might
Original post by _Mia101
if you don't want to do medicine don't do medicine - you will hate it. same goes for any other degree. it'll just leave you unhappy.
regarding whether you need the IAL biology from a quick skim of https://www.mbbsinbangladesh.in/eligibility-criteria/ i think you might

Sorry, I didn't get you actually.What did you wanted to mean by the last sentence? The last sentence is incomplete "I think u might...."
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rose555
Im not too sure about the requiremnts in bangaldesh but if u really enjoy maths then u need to convince them or ask a teacher to talk to them. But isn't further pure maths gonna get really complicated compared to standard biology... if u r ready to take an advanced and highly complicated level of maths then go for it. what is it you hate about biology?the exam style? you can keep doing questions and get better.
Yoi don't want to do medicine but they force you?

By the way, thank you for your reply.
Original post by Tameema Nawar
Sorry, I didn't get you actually.What did you wanted to mean by the last sentence? The last sentence is incomplete "I think u might...."

oh, i was saying that according to the link i put, I think you need IAL bio to do medicine (in Bangladesh)
Original post by _Mia101
oh, i was saying that according to the link i put, I think you need IAL bio to do medicine (in Bangladesh)

Ohh okay. Thanks for your help!!!

Quick Reply

Latest