crayonsrcool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
its almost course choice time and im trying to pick what to take as my higher options. i dont know what columns are like, so i may not even get this choice. i want to apply for law in S6 so i feel these options could be helpful!
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want to do Law then I would recommend higher history, but it really depends on your strengths and what your Nat5s were
crayonsrcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by thepunmaster.e)
If you want to do Law then I would recommend higher history, but it really depends on your strengths and what your Nat5s were
yeah im currently doing my highers, including modern studies which is my best subject this year and i plan to do it at advanced higher, however ive found essay subjects are ALOT so im kinda stuck between the options for that reason.

i feel that doing advanced higher mods and having the dissertation etc and then having to do crash higher history could defeat the purpose of having a "chill" s6. im also considering doing a YASS course in law anyways. im definetly still open to the prospect of doing history so thank you!

did you do history this year, if so could you tell me a bit about it?
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by crayonsrcool)
yeah im currently doing my highers, including modern studies which is my best subject this year and i plan to do it at advanced higher, however ive found essay subjects are ALOT so im kinda stuck between the options for that reason.

i feel that doing advanced higher mods and having the dissertation etc and then having to do crash higher history could defeat the purpose of having a "chill" s6. im also considering doing a YASS course in law anyways. im definetly still open to the prospect of doing history so thank you!

did you do history this year, if so could you tell me a bit about it?
Yeah I’m doing Advanced Higher History this year, but higher definitely was intense and if it would be a crash alongside adv higher mods it would probably be a lot, there is a ton of info. I would email unis you’re interested and ask how much they value it, thought tbh if you don’t enjoy history a lot I wouldn’t recommend higher
crayonsrcool
Rep:
?
(Original post by thepunmaster.e)
Yeah I’m doing Advanced Higher History this year, but higher definitely was intense and if it would be a crash alongside adv higher mods it would probably be a lot, there is a ton of info. I would email unis you’re interested and ask how much they value it, thought tbh if you don’t enjoy history a lot I wouldn’t recommend higher
ok thank you so much! i definelty will email them and speak to the school. i crashed a higher this year alongside 4 other highers so idk how it could be, but thanks for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
14.04%
Virtual campus tours/open days (40)
22.47%
Live streaming events (16)
8.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
10.11%
A uni comparison tool (41)
23.03%
An in-person event when available (38)
21.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise