how could i get higher grades for mini exams or exams/mocks for year 11 2021

Watch
casiee__xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As i am trying my best to get higher grades i acc dont know how to get higher grades someone pls help as i get low grades and i really want to go sixth for but i acc want like 6s and 7s at gcses now as we have mini exams but someone pls tell me how to like how to do revsion or how to answer past papers or any other resources

people who gots 9s or high grades at gcses pls help i really need help pls becuase i cry everyday and i dont want a bad future and i really try my best but my teachers give me low grades . im stuck on maths and english as thats what i struggle on thanks x
Eoioioi34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
-Start revising as soon as you know you have a test coming up or maybe 2/3 weeks before.
-Change up your revision methods, if you are revising and still getting lower grades then you'd like maybe how you are revising isn't working for you.
-Try flashcards make them then when you review them have two piles, you put the cards you were confident on in one pile and then review them at the end of the week and put the ones you struggled with in another which your review more regularly.
-Use mind maps with lots of colour if your a visual learner or watch YouTube videos and make notes if your a more auditory learner
-Also past papers are amazing, once you have learnt the content use them to make sure you can apply your knowledge and keep referring back to them
- Websites like seneca and mathsmadeeasy are really good

The most important thing is to not stress, whatever grades you achieve as long as you tried are good enough, do not put pressure on yourself by comparing your grades to others.

Let me know if you need any specific help and good luck x
fluous
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Someone already made a really good list but I wanted to add on by saying - understand where you lost your marks and caused a lower grade (check feedback and working on your weaker points)
Practice is really key for maths, and doing lots of questions will prepare you for exams.
When you do past papers for e.g. English, its good to do one where you have the markscheme or model answers. Then, you can see where you can improve.
I hope you do start feeling better about yourself though. I used to have a quite a big complex with my grades (which aren't even bad...at all), but I realised that as long as I knew what I had to do to improve, then I shouldn't feel bad about grades that I've already been given. If you don't agonise too much over your grades, it's likely that you'll definitely start feeling better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (609)
49.11%
No (631)
50.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed