Law Commission Research Assistant Application

Watch
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is anyone else currently applying for a post as a research assistant with the Law Commission?

I must say that I am finding the application difficult - specifically the question asking for evidence of intellectual ability as I have no idea what to write!
thepurplerain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you happen to hear back? I'm still waiting for a response...
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by thepurplerain)
Did you happen to hear back? I'm still waiting for a response...
Me too, I've heard nothing.
igcse101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Me too, I've heard nothing.
I'm waiting too.. But yesterday my application status changed on the portal to this- 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.' No clue what that means..
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
(Original post by igcse101)
I'm waiting too.. But yesterday my application status changed on the portal to this- 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.' No clue what that means..
Yes mine says that too. That usually means they're doing something behind the scenes.
gr2208
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Should I be worried that mine hasn't updated? mine still says the same thing as when I first applied
thepurplerain
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gr2208)
Should I be worried that mine hasn't updated? mine still says the same thing as when I first applied
Me too!
gr2208
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me too!
Hopefully they are just taking a while to get through them all. Good luck though! Fingers crossed we hear back soon
Re4321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It also may be that we applied to different teams and some have started processing applications and some haven’t. Mine updated to say it was on hold yesterday, I applied to CoCo
thepurplerain
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Re4321)
It also may be that we applied to different teams and some have started processing applications and some haven’t. Mine updated to say it was on hold yesterday, I applied to CoCo
Oh I didn't even think about that, that makes sense! I applied for Criminal and PFT
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
(Original post by Re4321)
I applied to CoCo too, with Criminal as the second choice.
gr2208
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh I didn't even think about that, that makes sense! I applied for Criminal and PFT
My first choice was PFT too so that would make sense
username5674074
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I also haven't heard back!
igcse101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I think the different teams will mean they get reviewed at different times! I'm trying not to read into anything.. I haven't heard anymore since being told it's on hold so I guess we just wait and see!
rachelberry
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The guidance booklet stated that we should be taking a test between the 2nd and 5th of March, so I'm beginning to think they just haven't sent out rejections.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
(Original post by rachelberry)
The guidance booklet stated that we should be taking a test between the 2nd and 5th of March, so I'm beginning to think they just haven't sent out rejections.
Yeah we were supposed to hear on 1st March. It's possible they got behind though.
rachelberry
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Yeah we were supposed to hear on 1st March. It's possible they got behind though.
This is very likely! Btw, I applied to the Public team as my first choice. Reading about you guys has made me feel like I'm not completely alone in an application void, so thank you for starting this thread.
caj12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have applied to public law team as well and have not heard anything either - so don't worry about it
Axionov
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Applied to Criminal and also haven’t heard anything yet!
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Given nobody in this thread has heard anything, I think the odds are good that it means they just haven't been handing out invites yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed