Umeshika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically I’ve sent off my application nearly 2 weeks ago to 5 unis. I wanted to apply to Birmingham but their law course was AAA and my predicted is AAB so i didn’t bother. But since then I’ve found out that Birmingham reduced their requirements to one grade lower so it would have been AAB which I could have had a chance with.
I’m annoyed that u didn’t know this sooner. Is there anything I can do?? I’ve already started receiving offers so I think it’s too late.
I also applied for deferred entry for 2022 for all unis. Does that make a difference?
Thanks
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Umeshika)
Basically I’ve sent off my application nearly 2 weeks ago to 5 unis. I wanted to apply to Birmingham but their law course was AAA and my predicted is AAB so i didn’t bother. But since then I’ve found out that Birmingham reduced their requirements to one grade lower so it would have been AAB which I could have had a chance with.
I’m annoyed that u didn’t know this sooner. Is there anything I can do?? I’ve already started receiving offers so I think it’s too late.
I also applied for deferred entry for 2022 for all unis. Does that make a difference?
Thanks
If it's within 14 days of getting your welcome email, you should be able to swap out one of your choices for Birmingham on Track
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Check your first UCAS email for the date/time you applied. If its within 14 days from then, you can do it.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application
IBkidinthecorner
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As far as I’m aware, you can withdraw a choice and replace it with another uni before the 29th
Umeshika
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IBkidinthecorner)
As far as I’m aware, you can withdraw a choice and replace it with another uni before the 29th
I think it’s 14 days which is tomorrow for me. But I’ve realised I don’t think the lowered grades would apply to me since I’m applying for 2022 anyways
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Umeshika)
I think it’s 14 days which is tomorrow for me. But I’ve realised I don’t think the lowered grades would apply to me since I’m applying for 2022 anyways
You could always give it a try anyway - if you've started receiving offers then you can afford to add a riskier option if you really like it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.03%
No (237)
48.97%

Watched Threads