Communication issues with bf

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My bf cant see each other due to lockdown but i feel like he isnt even bothered about me anymore. We've been together 1.5 years. We do video call sometimes but I reach out and text him but he hardly ever replies? I then start overthinking and feel insecure about the relationship but when i tell him this he says everything is fine. What should i do?
nathanseeva
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lockdown is hard for everyone, communication is key. I’d sit him down and really tell him how you feel and what your thinking, the worst that can happen is he doesn’t acknowledge it and say everything is fine, which he is already doing. Good luck !
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hardly ever reply to text messages, just read them then forget about it. Don't worry about it I think a lot of guys do that. Maybe stick to calls and talk about it instead of misinterpreting your partner's lack of instant messaging skills. Constantly messaging all the time and expecting a message the instant you receive one is just plain annoying after a while. I think it makes relationships worse too - it's just way too over the top and you end up over analysing everything... i.e what you're doing right now.
Natasha Birch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely talk to him seriously about this. Lockdown is tough, and he should be there for you. Not texting you 24/7, but enough
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Perhaps he’s just not a good texter. Lockdown is tough, I guess you just need to keep up the video calls and see the lie of the land when things ease
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (244)
51.48%
No (230)
48.52%

Watched Threads