Do chronic migraines qualify for DSA

Watch
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
As above pls ? Will I be able to get the disabled student allowance?
Ella Bennett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
As above pls ? Will I be able to get the disabled student allowance?
it depends on the severity and the frequency of your migraines and how they impact your life
GremlinIAMH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
As above have said, it does depend on the severity. If it is substantially life limiting and is expected to go on for more than 12 months (3mnths before the date 9 mntsh after) then yes. That being said DSA is specifically for extra costs form partaking at uni that you wouldn't have had if you had stayed at home and not gone into further education. The best people to talk to would be your college/unis disability support who will be able to guide u further. DSA isn't as strict as benefits such as PIP and so is usually easier to get though unlike PIP I believe u have to declare where the money goes.
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Thank you both of you , how do I go about getting evidence in order to qualify ? My doctors know about it and I’ve been on prescribed medication for over a year now
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you both of you , how do I go about getting evidence in order to qualify ? My doctors know about it and I’ve been on prescribed medication for over a year now
From your GP (or neurologist).
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
From your GP (or neurologist).
What do I ask them for ? A letter confirming I’m on the meds ? Sorry for the questions I only found out about the dsa today
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What do I ask them for ? A letter confirming I’m on the meds ? Sorry for the questions I only found out about the dsa today
https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students...as/eligibility there's a form on this page that your GP (or neurologist) needs to fill out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads