data analytics/ business analytics

Watch
jinnie_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I'm urgently searching for my master course...
I'm thinking to apply for 4 uni, one of my considerations is work placement year. because my BA is MIS and now kind of changing career path to be data analyst or bs analyst. so i don't have relative work experiences. I want to learn about more technical skills,, so I think it's better to take data analytics course instead. I currently have 3 uni on the list which are Royal holloway-data science and analytics (with industry year), Uni of Surrey-Business analytics(with placement year) and Aston Uni-data analytics(with placement year). I checked all of modules out respectively.
But i don't consider uni in London because of my budget,,
Do you guys think that uni is reasonable for my future career? And with my situation, which other uni option or advice could you give me?
or Should I take the master without placement year?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jinnie_)
Hi, I'm urgently searching for my master course...
I'm thinking to apply for 4 uni, one of my considerations is work placement year. because my BA is MIS and now kind of changing career path to be data analyst or bs analyst. so i don't have relative work experiences. I want to learn about more technical skills,, so I think it's better to take data analytics course instead. I currently have 3 uni on the list which are Royal holloway-data science and analytics (with industry year), Uni of Surrey-Business analytics(with placement year) and Aston Uni-data analytics(with placement year). I checked all of modules out respectively.
But i don't consider uni in London because of my budget,,
Do you guys think that uni is reasonable for my future career? And with my situation, which other uni option or advice could you give me?
or Should I take the master without placement year?
To introduce myself – I’m Joao, an Economics student from the University of Surrey on placement at Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs).

As you know a placement provides students with a unique opportunity to gain skills specific to their subject or industry of choice as well as the employability skills required for real-life work so I would suggest applying for a sandwich masters.
However, if you are considering applying to Surrey there are certain tips that will increase your chances of getting the placement you are looking for. If you need any help just contact your department’s Professional Training Tutor or contact the dedicated placements team at [email protected].

Our Employability and Careers team will encourage you to be proactive and apply for your industry placement yourself, by writing a CV and cover letter. More importantly, your school or department will appoint a senior tutor for Professional Training who will work with you from the application process through to the completion of your placement. This is an academic member of staff with responsibility for delivering the Professional Training scheme and supporting you at all stages of the journey.

The university also provides a Professional Training coaching scheme, where you can be paired with a student who has recently returned from their placement. That way you will have friendly support from someone who went through the same placement-seeking process and who will prepare you for the world of work.

Also, as some placements abroad may involve learning and communicate in a language other than English, the university has support available to help you develop your language skills.

I think this may help you.

All you need to know about studying economics at Surrey:
https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/student-e...ics-in-surrey/

Joao
Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (61)
29.05%
No (149)
70.95%

Watched Threads